Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 67 Clay County 65
Final from the Toyota Classic
The lady Tigers played well at Scott County this weekend
...some questionable calls at the end of the Scott County game.
Thanks to Ihigh, I watched this one. Clay played well and with a lot of intensity. There were several calls during the last 4 minutes that were more than questionable, particularly the last out of bounds call that gave Scott County the chance to get the last shot. Clay got a great look at the buzzer but it didn't fall. Clay is still very dangerous for any 13th region team that draws them come tournament time. They'll be a hard out.
I was impressed with how well clay played! Cotton has really improved but she can also cost them the game. I was most impressed with the Roberts girl. She is one who hasn't scored much before but really stepped up in Scott county. I did think the field seemed to be down this year though. Some of the same teams but didn't seem as good. That's a small sample size to judge off of though. Like I said clay will be fine the rest of this year. They find a way to compete.
Clay co should have beat Scott co
What has happened to Scott county over the last few years?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What has happened to Scott county over the last few years?

2012/13 - lost to region champ Madison Central by 2 in the region tourn.
2011/12 - lost to region champ in first round of region tourney & had losing record
2010/11 - lost in the regional championship game.
2009/10 - State runner-up
Looks like nothing has happened to Scott County except getting beat in the regional tourny by good teams. Except the year they were STATE runnerup. Pretty stong program.
They are 11-9 now and Woodford County is 9-12. Both are good teams and have played good schedules. I think he is just saying that Scott is not what they used to be. They used to be LOADED.
I understand completely. They aren't the "juggarnaut" they have been in the past few years, but are still very solid. They'd be at or near the top of the 13th region every year. Woodford is sub-.500 on the year but I saw on the scoreboard that Whitley beat 'em by 10 earlier in the year. Another team that would be solidly in the top of the 13th region most years. Considering Clay lost a starter and the first girl off the bench, this was a pretty good weekend. There's enough time for Burchell to figure some things out and get some of the other kids game experience. I still say that Clay will be a very tough out come tournament time. And I ain't a Clay homer, either.
They are decent, but down compared to past seasons
^
My point exactly. I was expecting an answer about Marion County or something, not a history lesson.
I was thinking the same thing. Scott County seemed to fall off pretty quickly after being one of the top teams in the state.
Put Scott County in the 13th region for the last 4 years and see if they would have fallen off. I'm not saying they're the top of the top programs in the state, but in the 13th region , they would be near the top every year. It's apples and oranges friends.