Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 50 Bracken County 24
Final from Paintsville.
Congrats to Paintsville.
4 more running clocks to go......
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Ok, wth did Paintsville do to give up 24? Freshman team get scored on? Figured this one to be a shutout.
Running clock from 5 minutes to go in the first quarter. Freshman played the rest of the game. It was 36-0 then. Bracken County dressed 19 players.
19 players and having to drive 3-4 hours.....

This is why the 1st round games shouldn't be played.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Great job by the Tigers. They are solid all around. Bracken had 23 in uniform and dressed around 35 this year. They just don't take their freshmen on the long road games. Very impressed with Paintsville though, super tough group with more speed than is usually seen down in that region.
BigMelon63 Wrote:Running clock from 5 minutes to go in the first quarter. Freshman played the rest of the game. It was 36-0 then. Bracken County dressed 19 players.

I figured it was the case. Need to change it to the top 2 in the disrict make the playoffs. These blowouts are good for no one and accomplish nothing.
I agree, even most second round games seem to be lopsided as well.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I figured it was the case. Need to change it to the top 2 in the disrict make the playoffs. These blowouts are good for no one and accomplish nothing.

Just like a lot of blowouts in the first rounds in other sports. The accomplish nothing as well. Top 2 in all districts no matter the sport?
BigMelon63 Wrote:Running clock from 5 minutes to go in the first quarter. Freshman played the rest of the game. It was 36-0 then. Bracken County dressed 19 players.
Actually, the running clock started with about 30 seconds left in the first qtr, according to the Paintsville Twitter account. Trimble I believe it was, with the 25 yd TD to push it to 36-0. Either way, dominating performance. Congrats.
another win for district 6. way to go tigers
Lordy Mercy. Sure 30 seconds whatever.
BigMelon63 Wrote:Lordy Mercy. Sure 30 seconds whatever.
No offense intended. Just a big difference between 5 mins and 30 seconds. I did say it was dominating and congrats. Calm down big fella. :biggrin:
I guess I had too many Cougar Baits! LOL!!
Why don't you just take the top ranked team at the end of the season and award them as state champs. Get rid of all the playoffs. SMH
proud44pirate Wrote:Why don't you just take the top ranked team at the end of the season and award them as state champs. Get rid of all the playoffs. SMH

I agree
proud44pirate Wrote:Why don't you just take the top ranked team at the end of the season and award them as state champs. Get rid of all the playoffs. SMH

BigMelon63 Wrote:I guess I had too many Cougar Baits! LOL!!

This means what?
LCC Wrote:This means what?
Cougar Bait is a beer brand.
When you are old enough to drink. you will know. LCC
Congrats to Paintsville.