Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charges Dropped in Gatlinburg Fire
http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/local...442706001/

Arson charges have been dropped against a 15 and 17 year old boys charged with causing the fire in Gatlinburg last fall.

They boys were filmed by an eye witness, lighting matches and throwing them down in the brush while hiking down the trail at Chimney Tops.

This fire caused billions of dollars in damages and killed 14 people.

All this from two idiot kids that were using poor judgment.

This one is difficult for me to reconcile. Another video proved that part of that fire was caused by unprecedented high winds that damaged at least 2 transformers causing sparking in the area.

What do you guys think?
I'm with you in this one
Hard to gauge
Anybody who has raised boys through their early teens, know that they all do stupid stuff. They don't seem to be able to make connections between action and reprocussion.

That said, 14 innocent people died in these fires, some of them children.

I don't have the answer either. Something should be done in retribution, IMO. I would imagine there will be civil law suits against the parents, but that is just monetary. I also don't think the rest of these kids' lives should be taken because they did a dumb thing.
Perhaps the tweeting Don could fire off a 3am tweet to the DA?

"Last time I saw prosecuting attorney he was scratching from butt fungus. Loser. Not a smart person."
Since this was a current event post and not political, I had hopes that it could become an adult discussion without you turning it into a name calling, immature banter.

Guess I was wrong!
Granny Bear Wrote:Since this was a current event post and not political, I had hopes that it could become an adult discussion without you turning it into a name calling, immature banter.

Guess I was wrong!

Yes, Granny, you were and are wrong. They were juveniles. What was their intent? Were they just flicking lighted matches in a dried out, no burn zone? (Criminal negligence) Or, was it an intentional act of arson that led to a bunch of deaths? If so, I would think try them as juveniles, and if the jury finds them guilty, they go to juvenile jail until they are 18.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Yes, Granny, you were and are wrong. They were juveniles. What was their intent? Were they just flicking lighted matches in a dried out, no burn zone? (Criminal negligence) Or, was it an intentional act of arson that led to a bunch of deaths? If so, I would think try them as juveniles, and if the jury finds them guilty, they go to juvenile jail until they are 18.

You must be really angry today. You jumped wayyy too soon!!

No way I can be wrong. Try reading my post.....I am extremely ambivalent about how I feel. So how could I be wrong if I haven't even formed an opinion yet??

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:You must be really angry today. You jumped wayyy too soon!!

No way I can be wrong. Try reading my post.....I am extremely ambivalent about how I feel. So how could I be wrong if I haven't even formed an opinion yet??

Confusednicker:

Why wrong about ol' Sombrero just having a bit of fun, Granny.

Why, I woke up with three little birds pitched on my doorstep, per Bob Marley, singing, "Don't worry 'bout a thing 'cause every little thing gonna be alright."
You weren't Sombrero. I started a discussion in hopes of having some exchange of ideas and maybe a debate or two. You just look for an opportunity to demean and name call people.

I must threaten you a great deal. You DID comment way to early and made a huge mistake in doing it.
Granny Bear Wrote:You weren't Sombrero. I started a discussion in hopes of having some exchange of ideas and maybe a debate or two. You just look for an opportunity to demean and name call people.

I must threaten you a great deal. You DID comment way to early and made a huge mistake in doing it.

Threaten poor ol' Sombreo? "Methinks the lady doth protest too much." And she does.
Nope. Methinks you are a sniveling little troll that doesn't care about truth or facts; here just to make trouble.

Most of the ones I must deal with are 12 y/o.

You are different, aren't you?
Granny Bear Wrote:Nope. Methinks you are a sniveling little troll that doesn't care about truth or facts; here just to make trouble.

Better get it into the single digits if you're talking about the Sombrero.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:Nope. Methinks you are a sniveling little troll that doesn't care about truth or facts; here just to make trouble.

Granny, you defend the use of derogatory blood imagery directed toward women. I have a daughter. Step off, Ma'am.
TheRealThing Wrote:Better get it into the single digits if you're talking about the Sombrero.

Ah, the Peacock squalls in a barnyard not his.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Granny, you defend the use of derogatory blood imagery directed toward women. I have a daughter. Step off, Ma'am.

YOU back off. You are a dirty liar!

I do not and did not defend the use of derogatory blood imagery directed toward women.

You have crossed the line Sombrero.

Do NOT direct anymore posts to me.
Further posts that are directed to me will be removed.

Final warning
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:��

Abuse of Mod "power"

You defended it. You know it. I know it. Do what suits you. It changes nothing.

Right, no matter what Granny says you STILL don't know what you're talking about. :hilarious:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Right, now matter what Granny says you STILL don't know what you're talking about. :hilarious:

🎱

Homerism