Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne county 38 Rockcastle county 24
Final! Was really a good game with an awesome atmosphere. Wayne was just the better team. Rock had to play a perfect game and turnovers are killer. But words cant describe how proud I am of this Rockcastle team. In what was a "rebuilding year" people wasnt giving this team hope predicting a 2 or 3 win season. To win 8 games and only lose to 3 solid football teams. These seniors took on this challenge head on and tonight gave the #1 team in 4A its best shot. As for Wayne i will be following you guys rest of the way hoping you guys can bring home the big trophy
Congrats to Wayne County
Wayne County used 43 plays to net 336 yards of offense led by All-State candidate Lorenzo Linsey to advance to the region championship game for the third straight year and fourth time in five years. Linsey, a senior quarterback, completed 13 of 19 passes for 204 yards with 3TDs, plus rushed 11 times for 81 yards with 2 more TDs. Junior Aubrey Weaver had 7 catches for 158 yards with scores of 53, 15 and 8 yards. Senior kicker Riley Woods booted a 40 yard field goal and adds to his single season school record of 10 3-pointers.
Rockcastle County had three guys rush for 100 yards or more led by the 128 yards of senior Brent Lovell, while Jaden Payne and Holdan Barnett finished with 120 and 100 yards each as the Rockets rushed 62 times for 381 yards and misfired on both pass attempts.
Wayne was excellent on offense and opportunistic on defense while Rock was much better this time around and controlled the clock most of the night.
The win marks Wayne's sixth in last seven meetings with Rockets and closes the all-time mark to 10-17. Up next for the Cardinals will be a Region 3 title matchup at Western. #GoCards
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Final! Was really a good game with an awesome atmosphere. Wayne was just the better team. Rock had to play a perfect game and turnovers are killer. But words cant describe how proud I am of this Rockcastle team. In what was a "rebuilding year" people wasnt giving this team hope predicting a 2 or 3 win season. To win 8 games and only lose to 3 solid football teams. These seniors took on this challenge head on and tonight gave the #1 team in 4A its best shot. As for Wayne i will be following you guys rest of the way hoping you guys can bring home the big trophy

Now that's the way it's done. Thank you. Hope we all can be like that after a lose. "CLASSY"
RockSolid has always been classy!!

Congratulations Wayne Co.
Taking care of business again....🏈
Is Riley Woods ,Rodney Woods Son?
Willie Turnover Wrote:Is Riley Woods ,Rodney Woods Son?

Yes
Glad this one is out of the way. :Cheerlead

We can concentrate on football the rest of the way out.

Rockets gave a good effort and had a great season. Now on to our third straight Region championship ! ROLLCARDS
Willie Turnover Wrote:Is Riley Woods ,Rodney Woods Son?

Yes
Wayne has put together a very impressive group of seasons together over last 6 or 7 years.
2011-9 wins (Lost @ Bell Co)
2012-10 wins (Lost @ Central
2013- 14 wins (Lost to Belfry)
2014- 5 wins, but huge playoff win @ E-town (Lost @ Corbin)
2015- 11 wins (Lost to Johnson Central)
2016- 11 wins (Lost @ Johnson Central)
2017- 11 wins.....and maybe more
Congrats to Wayne. Good games always come down to a few plays one way or the other. Turnover in the red zone early and a stop on 4th by inches inside the 10 hurt the Rock in the first half. Can't beat a great team like Wayne unless you get a few breaks and play mistake free football. Hope Wayne can win the championship this year.
Proud of The Rock them seniors deserve tons of credit for what they accomplished. Congrats to Wayne County players. I better not say to much here or some snowflake will ban me again. But wayne players n coaches hats off but do to wayne co fans for being so rude and disrespectful i hope the rock win is your last this year. God Bless enjoy your thanksgiving n happy holidays
rustyankle Wrote:Proud of The Rock them seniors deserve tons of credit for what they accomplished. Congrats to Wayne County players. I better not say to much here or some snowflake will ban me again. But wayne players n coaches hats off but do to wayne co fans for being so rude and disrespectful i hope the rock win is your last this year. God Bless enjoy your thanksgiving n happy holidays

I will not group all Rockcastle supporters together like you do with Wayne fans. Some are strong supporters of their team but good sportsman. Like some of the earlier posters on this thread. I imagine that they are the parents and family of some of the players that play hard and respectful. To those people and players you have my respect. You brought it Friday and challenged Wayne Co.

Sadly there was another group of adults there Friday. The group that was throwing trash, cussing and flipping off the Wayne players as they went to locker room at half time. The group that cussed the officials. It was as bad as I have ever witnessed at Jewel field. I imagine these adults may be the role model to some of players that once hope was lost started committing personal fouls and trying to start fights. Remember the Somerset game and the kid that was injured in the victory formation. Well Roxkcadtle dove at the knees of Wayne’s center when Wayne was kneeling before the half.

I wonder which group you fit into. But I know this, I certainly dont need the blessing of someone who was hateful in the prior sentence.
Some stupid on both sides. The train horn guys had some words for our kids at halftime as well. Some of the personal fouls were in reaction to questionable behavior the other way. No sour grapes here. For the most part both teams played with class and fans behaved with class. No matter the score this game is always a physical contest. I hope Wayne wins it all and we battle twice again next year. Unfortunately, there is always a few individuals who make bad decisions and demonstrate bad behavior.
#NeedMoreTrainHorn
Wayne co beat Rockcastle again
2nd time this year just like I said it shows the first game rockcastle run thru Wayne's banner it could have been avoided but they did it on purpose and went to side lines high fived coach
2nd meeting rocks fans flipping off Wayne's players cussing them and referees.... just like I said
Terrible display of sportsmanship from rockcastle players and there fans .
Take your beating and go on ...
Terrible display of sportsmanship ....
kapcat Wrote:Wayne co beat Rockcastle again
2nd time this year just like I said it shows the first game rockcastle run thru Wayne's banner it could have been avoided but they did it on purpose and went to side lines high fived coach
2nd meeting rocks fans flipping off Wayne's players cussing them and referees.... just like I said
Terrible display of sportsmanship from rockcastle players and there fans .
Take your beating and go on ...
Terrible display of sportsmanship ....
Based on your post you are an expert on class and sportsmanship.
Learned it from rockcastle oldschool77
You reap what you dish out can't take it back scroll on then they got what they deserved players and fans not good to be cussing 18/under players and flipping them off and obviously you must been one them idiots...
That behaviour is unacceptable by anyone athlete's and there adult fans and there family that's bad sportsmanship in anyone's book
Not acceptable ...
Rock fans you need to lick your wounds like I did when my Dores got beat and suck it up. Quit saying coulda woulda shoulda, you got beat twice and really was not even close neither game, so I dont know where you think you in the same league as Wayne. Suck it up buttercup. Sounds like you all the snowflakes. Be a man.