Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best coach in the 13th?
cchsfan4life Wrote:Robert Marcum is the best coach in the region..........oh wait we forced him to resign.... Never mind!!!

[Image:

]

Oh wait, BB coaches in the 14th...….

#thekingisthebestcoachinthe13and14 More mash taters please!!!
JayTiger Wrote:The way I look at Marcum leaving Clay is he disrespect the kids by saling out. It doesn't matter what people think on how it could have been a down yr at the end of the day Marcum never had any faith or respect for the kids that was coming in so praise coach Gray for that he least had faith in the kids n wanted step up to plate n take the chance when Marcum had to try to get a 4yr contract for reinsurance that he could keep his job of he could get the job done with these kids.lol.. Any body can take a A team with all talent n go win.

You need to read the last sentence you just said 🤣🤣 NO apparently ANYBODY can't take an A team n go with it hahahaha. Gray sure does have the talent and had it for now his 4th year BUT where has the team went? I'll answer that for ya NOWHERE. Oh, and walking out on kids and not having faith 🤣🤣🤣 just wait and see what Gray does. Lol
cchsfan4life Wrote:He did resign......however get your facts straight....he asked for a commitment from the board because he knew that the next year would be a down year and most likely a losing record. Behind the scenes if he would have had a losing record they would have fired him and hired Gray anyway. Therefore he resigned. The board sewed into what they have now so therefore they are reaping the results.....or lack thereof.

Agree 100% they got what they wanted and the parents got what they wanted but now hate what they got as far as going to the school board on him. The ole saying you reap what you sew is true 🤣🤣 OH and don't worry Gray will drop team SOON....as in probably after this year. Don't throw rocks at a glass house 🤔🤔
JayTiger Wrote:The way I look at Marcum leaving Clay is he disrespect the kids by saling out. It doesn't matter what people think on how it could have been a down yr at the end of the day Marcum never had any faith or respect for the kids that was coming in so praise coach Gray for that he least had faith in the kids n wanted step up to plate n take the chance when Marcum had to try to get a 4yr contract for reinsurance that he could keep his job of he could get the job done with these kids.lol.. Any body can take a A team with all talent n go win.

Say what you want.......I have no dog in this fight but I guarantee you this if Marcum was the coach we would have made it out of district the last 2 years and this group of kids would have had an opportunity to play at Rupp. And as far as taking an A team with talent and winning....what has the current staff accomplished???? Anyone in this county knows how the politics work in sports...and when you are not in with the current elected members.....your a sitting duck!
Robert was a way better coach!! But when the news paper and the board want you out your done! 🤭 So now clay co has this so called super team but can’t make it out of the district..🤔 that tells me gray should have been gone 2 years ago! He can coach grad school but he needs to leave high school to someone else!
I think clay wins 13th this year. Def the favorite. I like their team.
ky playmaker Wrote:I think clay wins 13th this year. Def the favorite. I like their team.

I don’t believe they win the district. I watched this team several times last year, they refused to play any defense, coaching is suspect.
Am I the only one that thinks marcum wasn’t really that great of a coach? He was good for sure, but great? He had a run with some amazing talent, but what about when the cup was low?
If Dinky Phipps ever coached at a bigger school he would have won multiple regional titles. Wonder why Knox Central never hired him?
Hound05 Wrote:Am I the only one that thinks marcum wasn’t really that great of a coach? He was good for sure, but great? He had a run with some amazing talent, but what about when the cup was low?

Lets see....Marcum did have some good talent his last few years.....but I think people miss the fact that he took a team that wasn't even preseason top 5 in the region and won it on the #1 team's home court. He went to the regional final every year except 1......he did have some good players that came through....but in Clay all I have heard for the past 5 years is how this group of kids has the potential to make noise in the state tournament....THE STATE TOURNAMENT........and they can't even get out of the district???? So yes having talent is good and can help but it isn't everything...ask your coach.......he had the best player in the region in Taylor for how long??? How many regional titles did he win? Better yet how many times did he beat Clay?? The powers that be wanted Gray in charge because of his connection with them some of the kids and parents from grade school.....so now they are reaping what they sewed.
KentuckyBallFan4Life Wrote:If Dinky Phipps ever coached at a bigger school he would have won multiple regional titles. Wonder why Knox Central never hired him?
There’s a reason Dinky never went to a bigger school.. Could win at them! He’s better at the underdog role.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:There’s a reason Dinky never went to a bigger school.. Could win at them! He’s better at the underdog role.
Dinky will tell u hisself he never wanted to take on a bigger school. Liked being the underdog.
ky playmaker Wrote:Dinky will tell u hisself he never wanted to take on a bigger school. Liked being the underdog.

Yep, sounded like he could have left several times.
He did a great job with underdogs. Barbourville was loaded a couple of times in the 90s and got upset in the district.
Gray is in way over his head and has zero help on his coaching staff. Gray is an elementary school coach with CYC level assistants.
GotYouInMyScope Wrote:Tony P- Corbin
Jeff Davis- SL
Brad Sizemore- Bell

Would be my top three, but I’d say Tony P is at the top of the 13th.

Dinky Phipps. He never has the talent and always makes a run.
Tony P at Corbin is the best in the 13th.