Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 46 Gallatin Co. 37 (All A Classic)
Final. Rough game offensively for the Jumpers but Gallatin packed a lunch pail.
I was about to ask how somersets offense looked..I’ve watched them numerous times and they are a great offensive team with multiple scorers...an average defensive team..and I’ve watched gallatin a couple times and they didn’t impress much..I thought this should have been a easy game for the jumpers..proves when it’s tournament time anything can happen.
MADDBOMBER14 Wrote:I was about to ask how somersets offense looked..I’ve watched them numerous times and they are a great offensive team with multiple scorers...an average defensive team..and I’ve watched gallatin a couple times and they didn’t impress much..I thought this should have been a easy game for the jumpers..proves when it’s tournament time anything can happen.

Somerset was dialed in on defense in the first quarter, held an 11-1 lead after one. Offense struggled all night though and Gallatin finally started hitting some shots. I can only remember Somerset making 3 or 4 jump shots all night. Almost all of their points were on layups or free throws.
Jase Bruner for Somerset took 5 charges tonight and grabbed 9 rebounds. On a night when the offense struggled those hustle stats were crucial. Somerset will be up against it tomorrow against an excellent St. Henry squad.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Jase Bruner for Somerset took 5 charges tonight and grabbed 9 rebounds. On a night when the offense struggled those hustle stats were crucial. Somerset will be up against it tomorrow against an excellent St. Henry squad.

Overall, defensively the Jumpers played great the whole game. Bruner and Sheron both protected the paint well all night. Really other than failing to stop a couple of drives to the basket, the only blemish for Somerset was that the shots just weren't falling.