Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
15th Region Summer Ball
(06-10-2024, 06:37 PM)LCDAWGS1 Wrote: Betsy Layne lost by 8 to union virginia. The same team that Pburg beat earlier. Doesn’t bode well for the Bobcats
Guys it’s ok Mike texted me during the game. Said the new recruit will be in this week.
Come on guys!
BL without two starters, and with 7 kids beat Letcher by 25 then played union. Yeah they lost to Union but it would not have been a game if they played them first or had their starters there.
My bad I just noticed the big tall kid not there. Not sure who they start but imo if there not missing Pente Allen or Parsons the rest are kinda the same. But like I said only the first time I’ve seen them play.
(06-10-2024, 07:38 PM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: Come on guys!
BL without two starters, and with 7 kids beat Letcher by 25 then played union. Yeah they lost to Union but it would not have been a game if they played them first or had their starters there.

who’s the 2 starters?

Letcher may be one of the 3 worst teams in the 14th.
It’s all good LC! You all looking good this summer?
(06-10-2024, 07:49 PM)LCDAWGS1 Wrote: My bad I just noticed the big tall kid not there. Not sure who they start but imo if there not missing Pente Allen or Parsons the rest are kinda the same. But like I said only the first time I’ve seen them play.
Yeah I feel like as long as Pente and Parsons are there it shouldn’t matter the rest was just role players or players who never really got to play last year.
(06-10-2024, 08:50 PM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: It’s all good LC! You all looking good this summer?
We have our moments. Replacing 3 senior starters. Were gonna be all guards but Chandler likes that I believe. We got a bunch of kids that can really shoot it and we’ll be really aggressive defensively. I think we’re 6-2 through 8 games so far. We play ALOT of kids during the summer. We never beat anyone really bad because chandler will sub and let them get kinda close then put the starters back in. Will probably start 2 juniors and 3 sophomores.
Got some information about the summer ball games being played at Lawrence county So far. Lawrence County lost to Wayne 62-60. Paintsville beat Wayne by 12 and Phelps by 20. I think Johnson Central plays Phelps and then Lawrence County this evening. Paintsville seems to be playing very well. I can see them and Johnson Central or Martin County playing against each other in the region championship. The region this year seems to go through the 57th.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bobjames01's post:
  • -STAT-
(06-11-2024, 04:46 PM)Bobjames01 Wrote: Got some information about the summer ball games being played at Lawrence county So far. Lawrence County lost to Wayne 62-60. Paintsville beat Wayne by 12 and Phelps by 20. I think Johnson Central plays Phelps and then Lawrence County this evening. Paintsville seems to be playing very well. I can see them and Johnson Central or Martin County playing against each other in the region championship. The region this year seems to go through the 57th.

That has been the case for many years now coming out of the 57th. JC had their run of dominance, Paintsville won in 2021, Martin Co 2020 & 2023 & Magoffin Co this year. 

It's be far the toughest district in this region, and would put it up there as tough as any in the whole state.
[-] The following 1 user Likes -STAT-'s post:
  • Bobjames01
(06-11-2024, 04:53 PM)-STAT- Wrote:
(06-11-2024, 04:46 PM)Bobjames01 Wrote: Got some information about the summer ball games being played at Lawrence county So far. Lawrence County lost to Wayne 62-60. Paintsville beat Wayne by 12 and Phelps by 20. I think Johnson Central plays Phelps and then Lawrence County this evening. Paintsville seems to be playing very well. I can see them and Johnson Central or Martin County playing against each other in the region championship. The region this year seems to go through the 57th.

That has been the case for many years now coming out of the 57th. JC had their run of dominance, Paintsville won in 2021, Martin Co 2020 & 2023 & Magoffin Co this year. 

It's be far the toughest district in this region, and would put it up there as tough as any in the whole state.
I agree. The 3rd best team in the 57th every year could probably be the best team in many districts in Eastern Kentucky. I don’t think you’ll see a region title go to a school that’s not in the 57th district for the next 5 years at least. 57th will always be the best district throughout the 14th, 15th, and 16th.

Who’s is everyone’s VERY early top 5 teams in the region coming into the 2024-25 Season?
Jc over Phelps by 15. LC over Jc 77-69
[-] The following 1 user Likes LCDAWGS1's post:
  • Bobjames01
(06-11-2024, 07:27 PM)LCDAWGS1 Wrote: Jc over Phelps by 15. LC over Jc 77-69
JC has seemed to have struggled a lot this summer. Already losing a few in region summer ball games. Are we overreacting to JC? Yes they have one of the best players in the region but do they have the team to win the region this year? It’s very early but they’ve had their whole team with them as far as I know. Im curious to see who comes out of each district this year. I feel like every district is a toss up.
Summer ball is a challenge for teams like JC because officials let kids by with so much. Especially today when you put that Chandler defense which is very aggressive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sportscritic79's post:
  • Bobjames01
I think its a matter of overreacting to results of summer basketball games.
(06-11-2024, 08:00 PM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: Summer ball is a challenge for teams like JC because officials let kids by with so much. Especially today when you put that Chandler defense which is very aggressive.
The big kid from JC had 6 or 7 fouls called him in first half. He elbowed a kid in the face close lined a boy on a layup and threw down a couple players. Trust me JC was playing just as physical as LC was.
(06-11-2024, 08:00 PM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: Summer ball is a challenge for teams like JC because officials let kids by with so much. Especially today when you put that Chandler defense which is very aggressive.
You never know what you will get with refs, anytime, anywhere. In 15th Region semi final game, I believe foul count in that game was PC 33, JC 8.
(06-11-2024, 09:43 PM)In LCDAWGS1 Wrote:
The big kid from JC had 6 or 7 fouls called him in first half. He elbowed a kid in the face close lined a boy on a layup and threw down a couple players. Trust me JC was playing just as physical as LC was.
Chandler is one of the best coaches in the region. He also knows if his players don’t play the way they do more often than not they can’t win. Their games most of the time get out of hand.
Seen Martin County is hosting games tomorrow. Lawrence county, Betsy Lane, Floyd Central, Johnson Central, Pike Central from the 15th will be there along with a few other schools from surrounding areas.
(06-09-2024, 01:30 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: My bad 13th Region is where he’s coming from
Lol I will call this bluff. I know the 13th well and there are zero up coming post players. The only post player the 13th has is Mabe and he is firm at SL. There are no other quality posts middle school or otherwise in the 13th lol. Its a guards region.
Lot of games on today 
Lawerence looks good early guard and fight every possession. 

Have not got to see Johnson but heard they are playing well. 
Watched Betsy Lane and Martin today they seem to be good and bad day to day 

Heard Shelby Valley beat Perry by 20 and lost to hazard by 4 

Saw the shootout at Martin Co today lost signal on the last two games any idea who won?
BUMP

Any updates on how the games went over at Martin Co?
Not seen a whole lot about Pburg. How’s the Blackcats summer been going.
(06-14-2024, 10:40 PM)LCDAWGS1 Wrote: Not seen a whole lot about Pburg. How’s the Blackcats summer been going.
It's been going fairly well, they've yet to play a summer game with a complete squad.(which is common for summer ball)
Went 4-2 at Upike and those are only games so far.
Go to Morehead next week for a couple games