Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 10, Letcher Co. Cent. 8
Back and forth game. Paintsville's Seth Rice goes 5-5 with 5 RBI's including a 2 run blast in the first inning. Jake Cyrus went 2-3 with a HBP and a BB scoring three runs. Cyrus got the W on the mound with Timmy Sublett locking down the save. Congrats Tigers and good luck to the Cougars.....you have a beautiful field. You all should be very proud.
LCC left 13 runners on base and left the bases loaded 3 times. Just really shot themselves in the foot at the worst of times! GREAT ATMOSPHERE last night. Felt like a regional championship game! Just hate all the hoopla that can be expected for opening a new field..kind of like homecoming in football..DISTRACTION! But it is what it is. Congrats Tigers....GO COUGARS!
Good game all around.....the cougars making 5 errors really hurt them down the stretch....the cougar bats were on fire last night with them having 12 or more hits........if the cougars can improve some defensively then they can have a good year
Your facility, @ LetcherCCHS is sooo nice. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have family there and we know what a testament the new field is to the kids of Letcher County. The support of Superintendent Craft and Board Members like Sam Quillen and Principal Boggs is such a wonderful sight! The whole place is just such a great thing for the kids and the entire community... I can say this with the same amount of emotion as the gentleman @ the field last night: It's amazig @ what can be accomplished whenever good people are committed to doing good deeds for their school! Good Luck this year LCCHS!
Someone come up with a picture of Letchers Field, come on Playboy.
Congrats Paintsville.... Yes LCC has a very nice field.
if you play that game 4 more times it could be different every time. I think it was more nerves than anything. Cougars have bounced back, and should be fine come tournament time.
Gratz Paintsville!
Sounds like it was a fun game