Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girl's 15th Debate
With the first round match-ups set, let's get the debate started.

First game
Belfry (20-7) vs. South Floyd (15-10)

Comments - First meeting of these two teams, Belfry comes into the tournament on streak of three while South Floyd has had the most successful season in school history and features some good guard play.

Second game
Lawrence County (14-9) vs. East Ridge (13-14)

Comments - Should be a good match-up in the second meeting of these two teams. Lawrence defeated East Ridge at home. Lawrence escaped a overtime win over Magoffin in the opening round while East Ridge avenged an earlier loss to Shelby Valley to win the 59th.

Third game
Sheldon Clark (20-5) vs. Pike Central (12-12)

Comments - The tournament favorite draws the only 15th region opponent to have defeated the Lady Cards during the regular season. Won the 57th in comfortable fashion and has very good guard play in Booth and Newsome.
Pike Central lead by seniors Thompson and Harris could pull off what many would consider a big upset.

Fourth Game
Betsy Layne (17-7) vs. Shelby Valley (14-9)
Champions of the 58th for the fourth year in a row !!, senior guards Martin and Hamilton face a Shelby Valley team with a strong inside presence in Sawyers, Coleman, and Swindell. Can B.Layne's guard play off set the inside presence of Valley.

Good Luck to All teams and get out and support the teams !!!

Comments and Predictions !!
I think Lc will make some noise in the 15th regions, I see them beating East Ridge but the Sheldon Clark vs Pike Central should be a great game.
Agree, Law. County is a physical and could be a tough match-up for East Ridge. The Sheldon Clark and Pike Central game could be exciting.
Sheldon Clark and Pike Central game will be a great one! Belfry will win easily over South Floyd. Lawrence Co. and East Ridge should also be a tight game. Betsy Layne guard play with Martin, Hamilton, and Hott will be too fast for Valley. Betsy Layne will win.
BondJamesBond Wrote:With the first round match-ups set, let's get the debate started.

First game
Belfry (20-7) vs. South Floyd (15-10)

Comments - First meeting of these two teams, Belfry comes into the tournament on streak of three while South Floyd has had the most successful season in school history and features some good guard play.

Second game
Lawrence County (14-9) vs. East Ridge (13-14)

Comments - Should be a good match-up in the second meeting of these two teams. Lawrence defeated East Ridge at home. Lawrence escaped a overtime win over Magoffin in the opening round while East Ridge avenged an earlier loss to Shelby Valley to win the 59th.

Third game
Sheldon Clark (20-5) vs. Pike Central (12-12)

Comments - The tournament favorite draws the only 15th region opponent to have defeated the Lady Cards during the regular season. Won the 57th in comfortable fashion and has very good guard play in Booth and Newsome.
Pike Central lead by seniors Thompson and Harris could pull off what many would consider a big upset.

Fourth Game
Betsy Layne (17-7) vs. Shelby Valley (14-9)
Champions of the 58th for the fourth year in a row !!, senior guards Martin and Hamilton face a Shelby Valley team with a strong inside presence in Sawyers, Coleman, and Swindell. Can B.Layne's guard play off set the inside presence of Valley.

Good Luck to All teams and get out and support the teams !!!

Comments and Predictions !!

VERY thought out post! :Thumbs:
Thanks a lot LWC....
IMO Lawerance co from the top and PC SC winner from the bottom in the championship.
I'll second that Nature Boy.
Sheldon Clark is on a mission and I dont see any of the 15th region teams getting in their way.
Would agree D Wins that Sheldon Clark is on a mission to win the regional title yet, so is other teams that are in the tournament.

Not like the boys tournament, the Lady Cardinals are slight favorites in the tournament. Going to be interestin' to see if Booth and company can put away Pike Central early.
EDIT: Messed up
Shelby Valley got a bad draw

I say it will be Sheldon Clark takin it this year!!
BondJamesBond Wrote:Would agree D Wins that Sheldon Clark is on a mission to win the regional title yet, so is other teams that are in the tournament.

Not like the boys tournament, the Lady Cardinals are slight favorites in the tournament. Going to be interestin' to see if Booth and company can put away Pike Central early.

What could be scary is that SC might just now be peaking.
I predict Belfry by 8 over SF,LC by 4 over ER,Betsy Lane over Valley by 7 they are no chance Booth and company are going to let PC beat them Sheldon Clark by 12