Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Football Poll Is Out...Who's Number 1?
Alabama is No. 1 in USA Today’s preseason poll
4 hours, 18 minutes ago

TYSONS CORNER, Va. (AP)—Defending national champion Alabama is No. 1 atop the USA Today preseason coaches’ poll.

Boise State will begin the season ranked No. 5. The Broncos, like Alabama, finished last season 14-0. They beat TCU in the Fiesta Bowl.

The Crimson Tide got 55 of 59 possible first place votes. The other four went to Ohio State, which is No. 2 in the newspaper’s ranking.

Florida is third, followed by Texas, which lost to Alabama in the BCS title game in January.

Virginia Tech was sixth, followed by TCU, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Iowa to round out the top 10.

Nos. 11-15 are Oregon, Wisconsin, Miami, Penn State and Pittsburgh. They were followed by LSU, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Arkansas and Florida State, which will be without Bobby Bowden as coach for the first time in 35 years.

Georgia is No. 21, Oregon State No. 22, Auburn No. 23 and Utah and West Virginia tied for No. 24.

The coaches’ poll is part of the BCS formula used to determine its national champion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never like Ohio State being ranked high...
OSU is always overrated.
OSU are really good and recruiting but when it comes down to playing they have been falling short...i hope to see an improvement this year though.
Boise State haters have no excuses anymore. They are playing the #6 team in the country right off the bat. If they beat them AND go undefeated, more power to them in a title game.
lwc Wrote:Boise State haters have no excuses anymore. They are playing the #6 team in the country right off the bat. If they beat them AND go undefeated, more power to them in a title game.

:Thumbs:
I hope you don't mind if I make a list of these. I personally have a hard time seeing who's in the top 25 without a list. :biggrin:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Florida
4. Texas
5. Boise State
6. Virginia Tech
7. TCU
8. Oklahoma
9. Nebraska
10. Iowa
11. Oregon
12. Wisconsin
13. Miami (FL)
14. Penn State
15. Pittsburgh
16. LSU
17. Georgia Tech
18. North Carolina
19. Arkansas
20. Florida State
21. Georgia
22. Oregon State
23. Auburn
24. Utah
25. West Virginia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm surprised Florida is ranked third!

North Carolina and Arkansas are two teams that I think could be better ranked by the end of the season than what they're ranked now.

My pre-season prediction for the national championship game will be: Alabama vs Ohio State
kentucky got zero love. im just wondering how they got aurburn at 23?
beasy_bo Wrote:kentucky got zero love. im just wondering how they got aurburn at 23?
Hey I still like kentucky being thought of as an easy win for the big boys so when we to get an upset and i really think we can it will be all the sweeter!! =) Good luck cats!
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I hope you don't mind if I make a list of these. I personally have a hard time seeing who's in the top 25 without a list. :biggrin:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Florida
4. Texas
5. Boise State
6. Virginia Tech
7. TCU
8. Oklahoma
9. Nebraska
10. Iowa
11. Oregon
12. Wisconsin
13. Miami (FL)
14. Penn State
15. Pittsburgh
16. LSU
17. Georgia Tech
18. North Carolina
19. Arkansas
20. Florida State
21. Georgia
22. Oregon State
23. Auburn
24. Utah
25. West Virginia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm surprised Florida is ranked third!

North Carolina and Arkansas are two teams that I think could be better ranked by the end of the season than what they're ranked now.

My pre-season prediction for the national championship game will be: Alabama vs Ohio State
the list is @ the top:Thumbs:
Im just glad College football is here!!! Smile
i would really like to see UK at least bust the top 25 this year and stay a couple of weeks.
beasy_bo Wrote:i would really like to see UK at least bust the top 25 this year and stay a couple of weeks.

I think the media ranked the University of Kentucky's football team next to last for the SEC, just like they did last year.
auburn will be good but oklahoma being #8? i dont see them even get 4th in the big 12. if boise state wins that first game i believe they might be in for a national title run. bama is always reloading and dont forget they got 1 2 punch for runnning backs and the big reciever they have. the sec east is a toss up and the west its between arkansas and bama
I love how there are 8 teams on that list im positive Kentucky could handle. Being in the SEC sucks sometimes.