Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds host Yankees in 2011
The Cincinnati Reds’ tentative 2011 schedule has been released by Major League Baseball.

The 2011 campaign will begin with Opening Day on Thursday, March 31 against the Milwaukee Brewers at Great American Ball Park. The Reds will wrap up their series with the Brewers on Saturday and Sunday, April 2-3, followed by 3 games against the Houston Astros to finish up the season’s first homestand.

Major League Baseball adopted the recommendation of The Commissioner’s Special Committee for On-Field Matters to begin the regular season earlier and mid-week to avoid playing World Series games in November.

Other featured matchups at Great American Ball Park in 2011 include a pair of weekend series against the National League Central Division rival St. Louis Cardinals (May 13-15, July 15-17), plus weekend battles with the Atlanta Braves (July 22-24) and San Francisco Giants (July 29-Aug. 1).

Highlighting the Reds’ interleague schedule is a home series against the New York Yankees from June 20-22, New York’s first trip to Cincinnati since 2003.

Additional Interleague action at Great American Ball Park will include the Ohio Cup Series presented by the Ohio Lottery against the Cleveland Indians (July 1-3) and a 3-game set with the Toronto Blue Jays (June 17-19).

The full schedule can be found on online at reds.com.http://news.cincinnati.com/
Shouldn't take long to sell those tickets.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Shouldn't take long to sell those tickets.

I'd say not.
If I can get one I'll go lol
already have tickets lined up for the new york series
Would be nice to go to that series but like others have said those tickets will be gone before you can blink your eyes!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Did it say if Boston was coming to town?
Why wait until 2011...wouldn't that make for a great World Series? Go REDS!
Rematch of the 2010 World Series. Reds-Yankees

With the defending champs hosting the Yanks Wink

This is going to be a really tough inter-league schedule seeing the Yankees and Rays. I know that the fans of the Reds will be extra excited to see these series.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]