Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roseanne Barr Wants Green Party Presidential Nomination
Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: If a person cannot afford to leave home to take a good job, then they cannot afford to stay home either. It's one of the few things on which we agree.

Before government welfare programs and drugs gave people in eastern Kentucky easy options to "earn" a living, it was very common for people to move to where the work was when eastern Kentucky's economy slumped. My father did it, my grandfather did it, and so have I.

Our ancestors left their friends and family on other continents to ensure that their children could eat and look forward to a brighter future. Today's generation is much more self-centered and prone to find the easiest way to survive than a hard way to thrive.
You are correct. On this we agree. A real man does whatever it takes to feed his family. I went all the way to New Mexico once, to be able to work and send money for my family to live. For 12 years straight, I stayed in Michigan through the week, and came home on the weekends to see my family, just so they could live better than I had. Our government has made it way to easy to stay home and draw a check, and wait on the government to take care of our family. I have always refused this route. In 1995, I was lucky. I had enough money saved up to go to a motel, until I got on my feet, in Indiana. A man I met on the job stayed in a tent in a campground, so as to send his check to his family, until he got caught up.
Messages In This Thread
Roseanne Barr Wants Green Party Presidential Nomination - by TheRealVille - 02-04-2012, 08:40 PM