Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Matches That Define The Attitude Era ('98-'01)
[SIZE="3"]#3

Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudley's
Tables, Ladders & Chairs II for the WWE Tag Team Championship (Wrestlemania 17)[/SIZE]

Full Match:

-----

What can I say? This match is awesome. Is it safe to say that these men kinda revolutionized wrestling for the years to come? Fast forward 11 years later and you have TLC as a PPV extravaganza. Countless and countless TLC's have occurred. None as memorable as this one. Not even the first.

This match is very choreographed and everyone does their stuff perfectly. I remember WWE making a DVD compilation called Tables, Ladders, and Chairs before there was ever such a concept. I just knew they would do that kind of match sooner or later. At SummerSlam, they did just that and would only have a rematch 8 months later in the greatest PPV of all time, WM 17. This match is huge reason for that too. The match had some symbolism to it. Among it, you have certain representations for each team.

. Spike Dudley & Tables = Dudley Boyz
. Lita & Ladders = The Hardyz
. Rhyno & Chairs = Edge & Christian

This match revolutionized gimmick matches to come. Now these days, TLC matches are mainly used for singles action. I think these men set the bar so high that no one has been able to top it. They did anything possible to have one of the best wreck less fun spot matches of all time. From fun spots, to cameos, to tributes for other tag teams (Dudleyz doing the doomsday device) this match had every element to be as fun as possible. Looking back, Jeff Hardy is pretty insane isn't he? That spot with Edge spear Jeff while holding onto the belts is unbelievable. The four table spot. You know how many times that spot has been used now? I think the only person who has used the ladder to his advantage since has been Shelton Benjamin. This match set the trend.
Messages In This Thread
Top 10 Matches That Define The Attitude Era ('98-'01) - by Mr. Pike Central - 02-07-2012, 04:04 PM