Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill
vundy33 Wrote:TheRealThing, you are passing the exact judgement that your claim you aren't, and that you say is only reserved for YOUR God.

If that's the way you see it then so be it. I don't agree with you though. All I am guilty of is to point out that God Himself has in fact, clearly stated in His Holy, inerrant Word the following; first, marriage between a man and a woman for life is His devinely appointed, and sanctioned, natural order of things, (SOURCE POSTED ABOVE) and second, the fact the He is equally clear in His condemnation of those who choose the gay lifestyle and any who would aid and comfort gays to that end.

Here is my source for my second point---
Romans 1:23-32 (KJV)

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

I didn't say it, God said it. I understand a lot of folks would shoot the messenger but, as LWC just said, "it is what it is." In my view, I could hardly say I care about others if I am not willing to reveal the truth to them. I don't want to hit anybody over the head with this stuff, but, knowing the truth, I am charged by Him to tell others.

I see your point Hoot, and I think you are exactly right in saying the states, and only the states have the authority to make their own laws regarding this matter. It's unfortunate that things have come to this juncture, but this is the kind of thing we can expect as the direct result of the liberal's chosen tactic of using the courts to legislate those with views contrary to theirs into submission.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill - by TheRealThing - 02-18-2012, 12:28 PM