Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill
SKINNYPIG Wrote:They do have the same rights you and I have...As long as they marry legally.
Exactly! For more than 200 years in this country, marriage between gays and lesbians has been illegal. Before that, such marriages were illegal in the lands where our anceestors originated for centuries.

Suddenly, as our public school system has deteriorated and the influence of our liberal-dominated media has grown, a very vocal minority of citizens in this country believe that their opinions on the subject should be made law, even over the objections of the majority, which has thousands of years of history on their side. Why? Because the same generation that ranks near the bottom of the charts among devloped countries in math and science ability believe that they are nonetheless more enlightened than all of the generations that preceeded them and that their beliefs are therefore more valid than all those who walked this earth before them.

I don't fault people for advocating legalizing gay marriage but I find their claims to the moral high ground as they attempt to bypass the legislative process to impose their beliefs on the majority very scary. Every time that the courts are used to create new civil rights that are nowhere to b found in the Constitution, this country moves closer to totalitarianism.
Messages In This Thread
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill - by Hoot Gibson - 02-20-2012, 10:46 AM