Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill
TheRealThing Wrote:I'm willing to learn RV. Give me something in STONE. You keep ragging on the creationist websites. The vast majority of the time I cite resources from folks on your side of the argument. The first (functional) link I gave was from some scientists in Russia. Are you saying the Russians are creationists? Further, if you really think you've got the hammer on me on any one of the points I've made, pick one out and make your argument.

I don't expect the evolutionists to support findings that are contrary to their position. Therefore, just pooh-poohing everybody else's work, like so many kids on a schoolyard at recess, doesn't quite meet scientific muster in my mind.
Actually it is from "answers in genesis", but with a report from some Russian creation journalist, that hadn't even actually visited the site. Yet, when I type in key words from your post, I get this link, as the very first one. It looks like your "expert" that reported that is the equivalent of some "weekly world news" reporter.

Quote:A 1996 Creation magazine article by Russian geophysicist Sergei Golovin, reproduced as an AIG website article, reported that the 31 January 1995 edition of the Russian newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda stated, "Human footprints lie alongside thousands of dinosaur prints on a Turkmenian plateau."

Quote:The Turkmenistan tracks were subsequently studied and further documented by American scientists (Meyer and Lockley, 1996; Lockley and Meyer, 1997). Their expedition was sponsored by the National Geographic Society, whose November 1996 magazine featured a brief summary of the site, including two photos--one of the site from a distance, another a close-up of an individual track (Weintraub, 1996). No mention was made of human-like tracks. The scientists more detailed scientific papers on the tracks included diagrams of the trails on the main site, and photographs of some of the better specimens, most which are attributed to the ichnogenus Megalosauripus). Several of the figures from these papers are reproduced (with Spanish text) at the para Samber Mais "megalosauripus" website. Based on ammonite index fossils, the authors affirmed the late Jurassic (Oxfordian) age of the track beds, dated at approx. 155 million years (Lockley and Martin, 1997). Their paper does not indicate the total number of tracks, but recognized 34 trackways, including some of the longest dinosaur trackways known, with the three longest extending for 226, 266, and 311 meters. The authors do not mention any human-like tracks, but indicate that some of the tracks are "elongated and long heeled" and up to 70 cm in length (Meyer and Lockely, 1977). Elongate dinosaur tracks, especially metatarsal forms that were indistinct, infilled, or mud-collapsed, have been mistaken for "giant human tracks" (Kuban, 1986) in the past. However, Lockley indicates that the elongate tracks in Turkmenistan do not show metatarsal impressions, but are simply longer than wide, and not particularly human like (lockley, 2006).

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/russ.htm
Messages In This Thread
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill - by TheRealVille - 02-22-2012, 01:10 AM