Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drilling The Big GOP Lie: The US Exports More Gasoline Than It Imports
Hoot Gibson Wrote:On my way home from the doctor's office, I noticed that gasoline has risen to $3.75/gal. in this area. Does anybody think that Obama will be reelected if gas rises and remains above $4.00/gal. for an extended period and unemployment remains above 8 percent? I think that there is a good chance that gasoline will top $5.00/gal. this summer.

Meanwhile, Canada is signing deals with Chinese oil companies for the crude oil that should already be earmarked for a new US pipeline.

Sadly, unleaded regular was $3.79/gal this morning in our area. This in part is due to Iran's threat to close the Strait of Hormuz. In no way are they backing down, holding military manuvers there as we speak. All this will result in much higher prices at the pump which means higher prices at the grocery store etc. Today a loaf of bread was $3.00 and a gallon of skim milk was over $4.00. I've been hearing this whole week that gas could well pass the $5.00/gal mark this summer.

Maybe some of Mr. Obama's defenders would like to step up and tell us all about this being Bush's fault again. And while they're at it, they might want to hire out their services as economic consultants to the news media because those folks are hitting the panic button about all this. Not Fox News media, we're talking CNN and MSNBC. It just serves to point out the rediculous attempts to justify this administrations veto of the canadian pipeline, not to mention the moratorium on domestic oil drilling. We need that oil, especially now that crude has shot back up to $106.00/bbl. In all the attempts to create the perfect smoke screen one critical fact has been looked over. If crude shoots up to $200.00/bbl we still have our own supply of cheap oil. So, if America refuses to buy the expensive arab oil, what would happen to the price? It would go down. We're fairly crippled as things stand, our own one time adequate oil industry has been laid waste. We recently produced around 40% of the crude we consume but that figure is down somewhat now. And let me ask one questiion further, what would be so wrong with the US being in the same position as the OPEC countries? Would it be awful if we exported more oil if it served our purpose?

A nightmare is in the making for sure, but here is the scary part to me. Obama as much as announced his plans to cause escalating, no, SKYROCKETING, energy costs while still on the campaign trail. Pushing our nation to the brink of the abyss is a justifiable and neccessary evil in the mind of the committed liberal. I will never forget his own thoughts on the matter, as they related to the percent of usage of world energy consumption we Americans use. Sixty five percent, leaving off the decimal point. His conclusion, "we simply cannot continue to use that much of the world's energy, it isn't right". Here's the leader of our land pledging to allow everybody else to catch up with us by creating a slowdown in our economy. I'll have to say, if ever a guy lived up to his word, he did.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Drilling The Big GOP Lie: The US Exports More Gasoline Than It Imports - by TheRealThing - 02-23-2012, 12:35 AM