Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill
WideRight05 Wrote:Okay, first off TheRealVille, I do have a couple of questions before I address this issue:

1. I can tell that you do not believe in Christianity, which you have mentioned, but I can tell from your posts that you do not like it as well. What is your reasoning? Did you have a bad experience in the Church? If you're not comfortable with that on here PM me...I had a bad experience in a Church growing up and it nearly chased me away for good too.

2. I would like to know what area it is of the Bible you do not believe in. To clarify, what do you think it is that (doesn't have to be in long detail) that reinforces your belief that the Bible isn't true?

If you're not comfortable openly on here, PM me. I am just trying to learn where your beliefs stem from on here so I can answer you better.

Thanks WideRight, appreciated.

I know your post is to TRV, but I'd like to answer too since it fits me pretty well.

Anyway, you remember the thread LWC had about Christianity a while back? I think it was there where I posted about my bad experiences in church (southern Baptist) with people who were supposed to be Christians, but did nothing but judge others and put people down. Those types caused me to stay away, and really put a dislike into me for alot of Christians, especially bible belt Christians. Of course, I've grown up over the years, and I realize that just with everything else, not all Christians are like that...it's just a very small minority. These days, I'm pretty conflicted...on one side, I have a general disdain because I've seen first hand what it makes that small number of people do..on the other, I have always been raised with religion, and my moral compass follows that of alot of Christians..I've always believed in God. And even though I really, really want to be able to accept Christianity, at least the Southern Baptist to it, It just reminds me of all the bad things that all religions cause and I still see some of those types of Christians I mentioned earlier...it just causes me to want to get away as quick as possible.

In reference to your second question...I think alot of the Bible is fairly accurate. The thing is, I just don't know how books that people wrote years after Jesus lived, over a span of 40 years, by people who didn't even live during the time of Jesus, could be taken as 100% truth.

I'm being 100% honest..I'd like to have my own religion, but the death and destruction it causes and bickering back and forth between them just makes me sick.
Messages In This Thread
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill - by vundy33 - 02-23-2012, 11:14 PM