Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill
judgementday Wrote:I would like to answer this as well as I somewhat agree with TRV and Vundy's thoughts..

1. I am torn as to whether or not I believe in Christianity. I can give specific accounts but to keep it short, (1) I was rediculed by a youth pastor publicly for working on a Sunday, (2) I was referred to as the "anti-christ" by a youth group during a halloween party even though my costume did not reflect that. Ever since then it just seems like I do not "fit" in with going to Church. I have had multiple similar situations as an adult so I have pretty much just given up on it. I've prayed from my knees over and over to only have the same result. Some of the most wicked, mean spirit people I have met have also been the same ones to shake my hand while attending church and this makes me not want to be part of their "church".

2. I studied many aspects of the Bible at one time when I was sure Christianity was the answer, specifically Revelations. I wanted to believe that what I was reading was true but came away thinking it was just a story.

I sometimes want to believe, but then I think "what is the point"?

The incidents you describe here are very unfortunate. There are a lot of churches in our region sitting on corners or up some holler that are staffed by novices. I'm not knocking that, just saying many, many times these folks don't know what thery're saying or doing. To illustrate my point, when you decide to accept Christ, and start attending church regularly it wouldn't totally outside reason for someone to offer you a job teaching a Sunday School class. In your case, you may study and pray during your weekly preparation and do a good job but, other folks may say things to their students like the youth pastor said to you. To do a good job with teaching a class or leading a youth group one must neccessarily have been an above average student in school to even have the study skills required to become versed in the subject matter at hand.

(1) I don't know what the situation was when you worked on Sunday. My son worked the JFL for our school system and they played on Sunday so, he got paid for reffing on Sunday. I didn't and don't have the first problem with it. He did it after church, and was a role model for the little ones in our area. If you have a job in today's society many times you are required to work on Sunday. The alternative would be to become unemployed, now, you know the Lord realizes what's going on. The real prize is your soul, not whether you live by the letter of the law.

(2) The spirit of Anti-Christ is that which usurps or masquerades as the Son of God, namely the Lord Jesus Christ. Anti Christ will some day (soon) stand in the temple at Jerusalem and declare himself to be god after having tricked the billiions here on earth into thinking he alone could lead them in a day when certain death by world war seemed imminent. Only then to plunge the world into world war exactly like Hitler did only much worse. Now, you tell me, you really thing the youth pastor had the right to call you the Anti-Christ?

All too often small minded folks wearing religion on their sleeve go about alienating people around them who have come seeking the truths of God. Keep this in mind--

Romans 3:9-12 (KJV)
9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

This is why we accept Jesus as Savior, it is by His rightousness alone that we attain eternal life, by trusting (Him only) with our soul. None of us are any better than the other. The only difference is some have trusted Jesus Christ as Savior and are therefore sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of the Lord's return. Which I believe to be very soon.

We, all of us, were put here to make a choice. That choice simply, do I choose for or against the Son of the Living God. See this in the following verses--

John 6:32-40 (KJV)
32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Finally I would offer this for your consideration, the reason that you continue to "want to believe" is because the Spirit of God is still calling you. If I were you, I'd get myself to a solid Southern Baptist Church. I would sit down in the congregation and listen to the Word of God being preached and at some point the truth will be revealed to you and all doubt will disolve away. Not trying to tell you which church to go to but, that is my sincere advice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill - by TheRealThing - 02-24-2012, 01:51 PM