Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill
WideRight05 Wrote:Awesome to hear about going to church Vundy!! I don't know you in person, but judging by the passion you express on here there is no doubt any church would be blessed to have you. I can tell you put your 110% into everything. Can't beat that!

To reference your second question - a good majority of the New Testament writers were either an apostle, had direct contact with the apostles, or were related to Jesus. The Four Gospels were the only books of the new testament with any real historical reference, since the writers were the ones who followed Jesus around. Acts (written by Luke) also has some historical reference, since it shows how the apostles carried out the mission that Jesus laid out for them after he resurrected. Revelation is the only other book that references anything historical other than these books, and that book goes more into detail about the future than the past. All the others are mostly letters directed to someone and/or a group of people to provide encouragement and advice. Even though most of the books were written after Jesus' time on earth, they were written by people who were there, who had witnessed seeing him.
As did the Apostle Paul, both pre Demascus road and post. And yeah, I'm leading up to something.
Messages In This Thread
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill - by Bob Seger - 02-27-2012, 11:50 PM