Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baptist Minister says Obama is Muslim and Romney is part of a cult
Oh my. I'll get blasted again, but this is why I do not discuss politics in the pulpit. Few outside the Christian realm care about the good, but everyone blasts the bad.

Please pastors, open your Bible, pray for guidance, wisdom, and direction, study God's Word and then deliver it with the Lord leading the way. Hide behind the cross so that God may get the glory. Hide God's Word in your heart that you may not stumble, falter or fail in the pulpit. The pulpit is a place that is sacred, honorable, and respected. Keep it that way!

Where in the Bible does it say that Romney is in a cult, that Obama is a Muslim, that Janet Reno is a witch, that Tom Brady is a savior or anything like that? We are commissioned with too much good news to deliver, too much Gospel to spread and share and too important of a task that we share for people to repent and believe; to be spending our time talking about who to vote for, who to be voting against, or trying to slam candidates.

What is more important? Telling about the love of Jesus or telling people to vote for Candidate A? Telling people that they need to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand or telling them to vote against Candidate B? Sharing about the power of the Holy Spirit or the weakness/strength of our government?

Imagine this, if there are 52 Sunday mornings per year a pastor cannot even preach one message from every Biblical book (there are 66 books in the Bible). So we already have to leave out much of the Bible simply because there are not enough weeks in the year. If we spent 2 weeks on every New Testament book we would not finish because there are 27 New Testament books.

Don't forget that most pastors like to preach about the biblical stories associated with holidays, so 3 weeks would be a Palm Sunday, Easter and Christmas messages anyway.

Basically, the thought that I have always lead with is that pastors do not have the time to devote to campain messages, political jargon and stuff like that. I understand if something is against the teachings of the church talking about it, but I believe Sunday night services, or really a mid-week Bible study is a better format and podium.
Messages In This Thread
Baptist Minister says Obama is Muslim and Romney is part of a cult - by LWC - 10-25-2012, 03:17 PM