Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut
TheRealVille Wrote:^ Would you be mad if they were cutting your salary, and benefits, while giving themselves massive raises? The major difference is that Hostess signed a contract.
If I was mad, then I would start looking for another job. I would not deliberately destroy my own opportunity to earn a living. You speak as if executive compensation only affects union employees. Good managers earn the pay that they receive. I have no idea whether the current managers at Hostess were doing a bad job or if they were executives who were hired to turn around a bad situation. I don't really care enough about the issue to research it. Those affected are a small sample of the millions of people who have found themselves unemployed or have left the workforce since Obama took the oath of office. They will not be the last.

I have worked in a company that had far too many vice presidents working 9 to 5 in comfortable offices, while those who were putting in long hours - both union members and white collar professionals - were being laid off throughout the company. That company also shacked itself by signing some very bad UMWA contracts over the years and by establishing ever worse "past practices" at local operations. My reaction was to find a job with a better managed company that had a brighter future.

I will leave it to you to continue to find people to blame for this country's anemic economy instead of placing the blame where it belongs. You are well suited to the task.
Messages In This Thread
Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut - by Hoot Gibson - 11-17-2012, 12:12 PM