Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith out at Arkansas, Hogs to hire new coach within 10 days
Arkansas AD Jeff Long announced today that John L. Smith will not return next season as the head coach of the Razorbacks. That’s not surprising. Smith will remain on as a consultant – if he chooses – through February to fulfill his contract.
Below is a portion of Long’s statement. You can read the entire release here.
[INDENT]
Quote:“With our 2012 football season concluded, I met earlier today with Coach John L. Smith to inform him we would be making a change in leadership within our football program. I have great respect for Coach Smith and I thank him for the sincere commitment he has shown our program. He made a difficult decision in uncertain times to return from his alma mater to guide the young men in our football program, and I will always be grateful for his efforts.”
[/INDENT] What is surprising is that the Hogs are expected to name a new coach within the next 10 days, per CBSSports.com. That’s quite ambitious, but they have had more than enough time to get a head start on other universities that will also be replacing their head coaches after the season.
Arkansas becomes the third job to open up in the SEC, joining Kentucky and Tennessee. Is Auburn next?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2012/jo...ot-return/
Messages In This Thread
Smith out at Arkansas, Hogs to hire new coach within 10 days - by Strikeout King - 11-24-2012, 01:03 PM