Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
obamacare 2 insanely raise premiums in california
vundy33 Wrote:I was obviously referring to Republicans who act like it was ok when President Bush introduced all of this, but when a Democrat is in office, they act like it's the biggest scandal ever. It's a double standard for the sake of politics. I think both administrations should be criticized for their part. I'm an Equal Oppurtunity criticizer, hahaha.

The Bush Administration for taking advantage of the post-9/11 panic, and the Obama administration for continuing it after preaching "transparency".

Terrorist plots will be made no matter what we do, and we should try our best to prevent them. But not using the same techniques we use on terrorists and criminals worldwide.

Even in Afghan we use this type of surveillance. We had to provide security for a few spooks doing it...they brought a device about the size of a suitcase or backpack, and set up within a few hundred yards of a cell tower. What the device did was trick cell phones into thinking they were connecting to the cell tower, when in reality they were going through the device, then connecting. This helped us find coordinates of bad guys to go and find, while also being used to pretty much simultaneously cut off all signal to all cell phones in the area...which rendered remote-detonated IEDs, with a cell phone signal of course, useless.

Every type of intel from those ops over these two wars was useful, and there's been many uses for that type of signals intelligence, just like always. But this is America, we're not fighting a war here. When our call records, text, emails, or anything else is being indiscriminately submitted to the government as part of a domestic spying program, something is bad wrong. I don't care if its info about what type of girl I prefer, my favorite cut of steak, or my shoe size...the cons will always outweigh the pros.

I tend to place more blame on the administration that started the process. I have much, much more respect for Pres Bush than I have for Pres Obama, and like him much better as well, but I can't talk go off on this administration alone without feeling like a hypocrite. I've noticed so many republicans on different news networks, in my favorite papers and websites, absolutely acting like this is the end of the world and Pres Obama has some evil plan...they easily forget to mention who started this in the first place. It's not about placing blame or anything like that, I'm a republican myself, we all know this...it's about accountability, and I can't just run with an argument just because it makes my party look better and the opposition look worse. That's the exact type of politics I hate.

it's fox news
Messages In This Thread
obamacare 2 insanely raise premiums in california - by vector - 06-09-2013, 07:05 PM