Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Gay marriage was legalized because a majority of the court held that same sex couples were entitled to equal protection under the law. A Constitutional democracy is not a local congregation of the Baptist Church. In granting rights and freedoms in a Constitutional democracy, liberty of conscience is granted in a whole host of behaviors and enterprises that the majority or the individual might find offensive, even loathesome. There is a price to living in a free society with codified rights and freedoms. It is to be surrounded in the marketplace of ideas and images with opinions contrary, practices offensive, words inflammatory. I might, at the same time, be repulsed by what I see as debauchery when seeing news clips of a gay rights parade where individuals are flaunting every standard of decency I hold to, and yet recognize the delicate splendor of a society which gives right to that which it generally abhors in recognition of the sovereign gift of freedom of conscience within broadly defined rights. It is part and parcel of living in a free society, a Constitutional democracy. The Framers had faith in democracy, but not blind faith.

We are not a democracy. We are a republic. Homo marriage was never discussed by the federal courts for over 200 years because no court ever entertained the abnormal thought that the framers ever intended it. You should be more concerned with the decay of the moral standards of this country than heralding the abnormal, disgusting, and destructive recent decisions of a rogue court. And, with the loss of Scalia, the court will drift more and more godless.

However, as an attorney, I will ignore the decisions. I know how to do so. I could tell the coming majority on the court to go to hell but, why bother? That is likely their destination without me pointing it out.
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa - by Truth - 02-16-2016, 11:17 PM