Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Now, if civil authority tried to force Christian churches to admit homosexuals as members, I would say that violates freedom of conscience. But, it seems to me, that the civil authority said equal protection extended to same sex couples, and you are on BGR vehemently voicing your displeasure. I am assuming the church you attend will be extending no memberships to gay couples, nor will you be forced to.
I do not believe the civil authority expressed as judicial branch was doing handstands upon the ruling. To them, it was saying "we" extended to the right of same sex couples to have the license of the state sanctioning their bond. To say that the civil authority recognizes a right is not the same as a bunch of the men of Sodom trying to beat down a door to rape Lot's angelic visitors.

Haven't you heard? "We the People" do not recognize the State as grantor of our rights. They are rather given to us by our Creator. Marriage is not a right and as such, is not regulated by the US Constitution. But, I defer to an authority to make my case.

EXCERPT---
"The Constitution provides no citizen of any gender or orientation a Constitutional right to marriage. The Constitution is silent on the issue of marriage. It is not mentioned, and therefore it is not a power delegated to the federal government to regulate. For lawyers, judges and in particular, Supreme Court justices, the inquiry on this issue should end there—right where silence demands judicial inaction."
http://jurist.org/forum/2014/10/richard-...rriage.php

And I disagree with you completely with regard to marital bonds. Marriage is an institution of God, and the marital bond described by God is between one man and one woman. Civil authorities are supposed to represent the will of the people. In Kentucky for example, 79% of "the people", voted in favor of defining marriage as between one man and one woman. Your civil authorities, went around "we" and ruled against our will, thereby forcing the scourge of legalized homosexuality upon us. So to build upon your analogy. In this case the civil authorities have passed and are enforcing laws, which are being written specifically for homosexuals. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that even Sodom did not bother to formally legalize homosexuality.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa - by TheRealThing - 02-22-2016, 05:15 AM