Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I know that Roger Williams counted "soul liberty" (freedom of conscience) as paramount, which he learned from being exiled into the wilderness and left to die by church authority. And while I enjoyed your commentary on the inclusiveness of the Gospel, I do not see how it touches the point, nay, the fact, that Roger Williams saw as unique the covenant God made with ancient Israel and that it was arrogant for any nation to claim to stand in that unique relationship. I value the United States inasmuch as it is a place that protects essential liberty, ensures freedom of conscience. It is no accident that Rhode Island was the last of the colonies to ratify the Constitution, contingent upon the Bill of Rights. To somewhat quote a previous poster, "Yay, Roger Williams."

You'd have to cite your source for stating categorically that Williams did not wish God's blessing on this land as compared to the nation Israel. I can tell you factually that Williams accepted and understood the concept of the grafted branch, (Gentiles) and he understood that as such we Gentiles are coequal with the nation Israel, Abraham is our father, we are part of His Chosen People and we are numbered among those stars that God Himself showed to Abraham when He sealed His covenant him.
Romans 11:17&24 (KJV)
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

But if I have erred in some way please feel free to correct my understanding.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa - by TheRealThing - 02-27-2016, 04:12 AM