Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant about presidential debate moderators
WideRight05 Wrote:I do believe the moderators will attack Trump, especially in the debate with Martha Raddatz and Anderson Cooper. While the moderators should remain neutral in all political debates, it's the logic of the Republican Party that gets me on this. Raddatz moderated the debate with Paul Ryan and Joe Biden four years ago and did a poor job. This should have been expected, though, considering that Barack Obama was a guest at her wedding. Then you have Anderson Cooper, who has a history of bias in the media. I don't know enough about the others with the exception of Wallace, and given how the debates went in the primaries that he moderated who knows what direction he will lean (hopefully, of course, he goes down the middle).

I'm no Trump fan, but this isn't the only time the Republican Party has allowed this, see 2012 the situation with Candy Crowley in the second debate between Romney and Obama. It just blows my mind that they don't try to push to get moderators who put their viewpoints aside and let the candidates fight it out instead of just setting their candidates up for a two or three on one debate.

Your perceptions and suspicions are exactly right in my view. There will be more chemically whitened teeth gnawing on Trump than if he'd fallen overboard in the piranha infested waters of the Amazon.

And I know what you're saying about whether or not he should decline the libs' gracious invitation to be interrogated by their best. I guarantee you they've staffed up and have already been working on the questions for weeks. I did not know that Mr Obama had been a guest at Raddatz's wedding, but it certainly is not any surprise. And BTW, I'd like to see a mod put up a poll to judge the ratio of folks on here, as to whether or not Hill will get a replete heads up on the content of the debate questions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Rant about presidential debate moderators - by TheRealThing - 09-02-2016, 08:30 PM