Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Party Loyalty Can’t Make Me Vote for Clinton
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"Now there you go again."

The role of the Church to call out sin? I never questioned it. That the Church and the State are often at odds? I never questioned it. That there is something wrong about an individual Christian calling out sin? I never asserted it. That the Framers were influenced by Judaeo-Christian values? I never questioned it.

Yet, it was not only Judaeo-Christian values that was in the intellectual air at that time, nor was the Constitution penned in an intellectual vaccuum.

Okay so we're in agreement then. The Framers were smart and informed men who knew what they wanted to say and how to say it. Therefore, if they bought into this idea of essential liberty they would have said it...clearly.

To say the phrase is inferred is a leap of epic proportion, especially in light of the way liberals like use it to alter and mitigate the clear language of the documents. In 1947 in a similar manipulation, liberals again using the court room for their treachery, reached back a century and a half in time to dredge up an obscure personal letter written by Thomas Jefferson in order to ram their version of separation of Church and state down our throats. That dazzling piece of politically adjudicated retro-engineering has cost this land dearly in my view.

But it is my opinion that liberals will never stop chipping away at the alabaster walled fortress that was once the apple of this world's eye until they manage to completely deface the America of our forefathers. How was it Mr Obama so eloquently put it just prior to his ascension? “We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.” — Barack Obama Oct. 30, 2008

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/359967/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Party Loyalty Can’t Make Me Vote for Clinton - by TheRealThing - 09-27-2016, 05:22 PM