Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 12- Corbin 2. 5 innings
Softball Queen Wrote:I was at the state tourney and for all of you that said Payten Gregory does not pitch Illegaly should have been there. A few pitches into the first game illegal pitch called for stepping back. Called in all 3 games. You would think the 13th region coaches and umpires would know rules . Could have changed the season for several different teams

I didn't get a chance to see Gregory pitch this year. I seen the 8th grader a couple of times but always had something come up before I was on my way so I can't comment. I am interested in if the coaches will actually bring this up of that's the case.

As for your comment on 13th region umps, I couldn't agree more. They are some of the most uneducated in the state and several teams of umps call the exact same teams almost every so for week from what I noticed.
Im just glad the two old guys who were usually at Corbin are finally gone or at least I didn't see them. The best crew I seen was Amherst and his partner who are usually at wburg or Whitley. They seem pretty consistent but the rest are all over the place in terms of strikezones. Getting Darrell behind the plate is a disaster.
Some pitching in this region is horrid though and I fully believe some call strikes just to move the game along.
Messages In This Thread
North Laurel 12- Corbin 2. 5 innings - by RunItUpTheGut - 06-11-2017, 02:09 AM