Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relativity
So as all this applies to gravitational time dilation. Other than 12 men's brief visit to the moon, mankind is earthbound. And very likely to stay that way. Therefore other than God and the beings He created in the eternal sense, all of whom living outside of the effects of time (such as angels and Seraphims and the like); though I may accept the premise which states space-time slows down around the strong gravitational pull of a worm hole for example, I do not see how that particular revelation has any bearing whatever on that which is. A day here on earth remains unaffected by time dilation and we're all stuck right here until that glorious day, albeit soon-coming, when the Lord comes back for His people.

Whatever science says, whether taking things from the perspective of men here on earth, or the perspective of a glacier on Europa; Since the creation, there has elapsed a strictly finite number of days, hours, minutes and seconds. And the nature of all of those units of measure, are very strictly defined by God Himself at the creation. Evolutionists for example, would have us believe that an impossibly long period of time has elapsed since the earth was formed. I do not subscribe to that notion because I realize as do many others, that the idea of earth having an incalculably long history is there only for the sake of providing evolutionists a safe haven for their argument with creationists.

Genesis 1:5 (KJV)
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Now, you got everybody and their brother out there rationalizing just how long, or how much time was used up by the Lord in the 7 days of Creation. Well it doesn't seem all that complex to me. In Scripture each new day starts in the evening and ends after the light of day is spent. In other words dusk instead of dawn. The evening and the morning were the first day. 24 hours. And not one thing has changed about the length of an hour since that first day. The character of God would not allow Him to be tricky or ambiguous in any fact that He may present. When He says THE evening and THE morning were the first day, there are no evolutionary epochs tucked in there somewhere.

Nonetheless as Einstein and Hawking suggest, with the emergence of the universe, time came into being. They claim the big bang, God and His own claim creation. Either way time did not exist prior to the Lord having suspended the heavenly bodies of this universe in the infinitely vast matrix of space.

Therefore I accept without hesitation that time is indeed relative. But only in the sense that time relates only to man and his place in God's timetable of creation. Creation for which God has a firm time limit established BTW, then to be burned up in a fervent heat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Relativity - by TheRealThing - 03-21-2019, 07:45 PM
Relativity - by TheRealThing - 08-17-2019, 07:13 PM
Relativity - by Hound05 - 09-10-2019, 05:44 AM
Relativity - by TheRealThing - 09-11-2019, 09:48 PM
Relativity - by TheRealThing - 09-14-2019, 05:13 AM
Relativity - by TheRealThing - 10-14-2019, 10:11 PM
Relativity - by ronald reagan - 11-09-2019, 03:58 PM
Relativity - by ronald reagan - 11-09-2019, 04:32 PM