Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian Academy 42 Somerset 35
(11-29-2020, 10:49 PM)E's Army Wrote: Good ride for Somerset last couple of years. It may be a couple of years but Bunnies will be back. 2A has a top tier of teams including Mayfield, Beechwood, LCA and Somerset. Danville could get back to that level. Expect to see one of this group there year in and year out. Somerset has a great staff who brought them to this level.
Absolutely!!!!!! Can’t pay attention to some of these sideline warriors who claim to be loyal to the program ,ain’t missed a game since 77. Nice to your face, then talk about you soon as you turn around! Somerset is in great hands with Lucas and company!!!!!
Could not ask for a better leader, and Teacher of life for these kids !!!!! Somerset will be back!

(11-29-2020, 08:47 PM)WETSU Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 03:04 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 12:46 AM)Yes Spud6 Wrote: After watching this one back. Somerset got punched in the mouth before they knew they were in a fight. Down 21-0 and looking like it was going to be a long night but they strung a good drive together and finally got of the board to make it a game. And then in the 3rd quarter it was back and forth back and forth. The LCA runs a great QB fake pitch keeper right up the guy for a TD and Sheron gets the ball down 7 with 2:30 left in the fourth quarter which you are probably feeling really good about as a Somerset fan. But they just couldn’t connect to get the drive going. A WR slips on a first down catch and then Sheron overthrows a open receiver and then to end it the freshman who was on Grundy makes a absolutely beautiful break on the ball and breaks the pass up.

As for Somerset from someone who hasn’t watched but two of their games. Sheron is the real deal but in this game missed a lot of wide open receivers down field but that’s easy to see on film but hard in live action for him. Somerset is a massive team that doesn’t really try to enforce their size on folks or at least in this game. Sheron and #23 was getting 3-4 yards a pop on the running plays but Somerset likes to run that empty QB set and along it around which makes sense when you got a kid like Sheron at QB but I’d like to seen them your their size. And by the way #23 is my favorite player from this game for both sides. That dudes loves football and just has a nose to be around it at all times. That tackle on the kickoff coming out of halftime was a massive shot!

As for LCA, they might be the most fundamentally sound team iver ever seen. Their coach or their prior coaches growing up really did a great job with them teaching them the fundamentals of football and it showed in this game so prevalent. Every player on their team done everything right at every position. Well coached team.  And their offense is a whole lot of fun to watch. They do a lot of motions and have a lot of eye candy kind of like the Chiefs to distract you and get your eyes looking one way and beat you in a different spot. Those fakes and continuous runs really setup their pass plays for TDs. I really enjoyed watching their offense because you didn’t know what was coming next and really how to defend what they were running because they give you so many looks out of the exact same play.

What a game from a non bias viewer!

Congrats to LCA!
Yes #23 kid is Mikey Garland. What a great kid and the absolute most complete football player I’ve ever seen at the high school level. Kid very rarely comes off the field, and makes big plays in every aspect of the game.
He will be greatly missed. True football player!!!!

I agree Deuce8 Mikey has been fun to watch the last 3 years.  Going to miss watching him.  But you do know there is only one Deuce8 from Somerset.
?
Depends on who you ask !!!!!!
Messages In This Thread
RE: Lexington Christian Academy 42 Somerset 35 - by Deuce8 - 11-29-2020, 11:10 PM