Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Live Concerts: Who Impressed? Who Disappointed? Who Do Regret Not Getting to See?
I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to paying high ticket prices. Concert ticket prices have skyrocketed over the last decade or so. I simply won't pay three or four hundred dollars for a ticket. I think the most I have ever paid was $40 for great seats to see Fleetwood Mac in Nashville back in the late '90's . I took a few hundred with me because I really wanted to see Buckingham's return to to the band for The Dance tour. I got lucky and ran into a guy from Louisville and he and I made friends with a scalper and we got a couple of great seats for $40 each. We waited until just a few minutes before the show started and made the deal with the ticket seller. Got great Elton John ticket at Knoxville for $25 using the same method.

(02-02-2021, 12:30 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Restless Heart was always one of my favorite country bands, I saw them at Renfro Valley just a few years ago with all the original members.  They still sounded like a band that was right on top of their game, they are vastly underrated in the annals of country.  Play "Dancy's Dream", what a great song.

Here's my favorite weird story.  Went with some buddies to the Louisville Palace (great venue) to see Sammy Hagar probably 15 years ago.  Before the show the fans were all mingling outside, and this guy who said he was a Desert Storm vet was talking with everyone.  Great guy, we talked to him for a little while and noticed he had a prosthetic leg.  Fast forward to the show.  We were on like the second or third row, and Sammy would sign a lot of the stuff people tossed onstage and throw it back out.  Well, guess what all of a sudden came crowd surfing to the front to go onstage?  You guessed it--an unattached prosthetic leg!!! We helped toss it on up, and Sammy lost his mind, thought it was the greatest thing ever, held it over it his head and danced around for a while before he signed it, and I mean he covered the whole thigh, then sent it back out. We couldn't find the guy after the show, but I guess he's had a Sammy Hagar model prosthetic leg ever since.

Great story!   Yes, after the show I saw, I became a big Restless Heart fan. They were amazing! They hadn't lost anything from 25 years ago.  Exile still had most of the original guys too- London, Richmond, Lexington guys.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Live Concerts: Who Impressed? Who Disappointed? Who Do Regret Not Getting to See? - by Old School Hound - 02-02-2021, 12:44 PM