Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Believe in Hell ???
Do you believe in a literal "hell"  that non-believers are headed for after they pass from this Earth?  

According to a 2014 Pew Research poll,   58% of Americans believe in hell.   This number , along with those who believe in heaven, has been trending down for the last couple of decades. A poll that i saw from the late nineties had  71% of Americans expressing a belief in hell.  The number varies quite a bit from religion to religion and even among Christian sects(shocker!).  Only  7% of Jevohah Witnesses believe in hell. 

What about you?   DO you believe people are headed for a literal hell when they die?  Why do you really  think  people believe in hell?

Here's an interesting opinion piece from the NYT entitled "Why Do People Believe in Hell?"   According to the author, a religious scholar, the idea of eternal damnation is neither biblically, philosophically nor morally justified. But for many it retains a psychological allure.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/10/opini...bible.html

Wow, just noticed that this is my 666th post and my 66th thread ! Odd. Is that a sign that I may be headed for hell ?
Messages In This Thread
Do You Believe in Hell ??? - by Old School Hound - 03-07-2021, 04:38 PM
RE: Do You Believe in Hell ??? - by TheRealThing - 03-12-2021, 11:35 PM
RE: Do You Believe in Hell ??? - by jetpilot - 04-02-2021, 11:15 PM
RE: Do You Believe in Hell ??? - by TheRealThing - 04-03-2021, 03:17 PM