Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ?
(05-07-2021, 08:01 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 07:52 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 08:58 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 04:22 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: To clarify, I do not support any of the items you mentioned. Safe water programs are a farce and the responsibility of the states involved. The rest are smoke screens to get even more trillions to spend on the liberal wish list.

Not sure where you live, TRT, but if it hadn’t have been for the Clinton Administration there wouldn’t be water to my house. Water, for that matter clean water initiatives have always been projects in the federal govt.  Don’t be obtuse. 

Dipped and dodged again.

In my experience, the federal government has given grants to some states for domestic water projects. But it is the states which are directly involved with oversight of the work. The Clinton Administration dealt with watershed, sanitation projects and pollution issues, what was the project under which clean water was supplied to your house Cardfan?
Couldn’t tell you the name. My county was an empowerment zone so it could have had something to do with that. 

I was a young fella, and I remember the project sign at the bottom of the hill with Bill’s name on it. Took them nearly a year to run the city water up the hill from the main road.

Yep, I remember it too. I spent a lot of time in McKee  around that time. Jackson County, one of the poorest counties in the state(and about 90% Republican) was an empowerment zone and received a lot of help from Bill.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • TheRealThing
Messages In This Thread
RE: President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ? - by Old School Hound - 05-07-2021, 10:18 PM