Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Sycamore (OH)@ Johnson Central (Canceled)
(08-30-2021, 01:39 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 12:43 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ESPN didn't do its homework but Bishop Sycamore is not a bad team. They only trailed Ohio 2nd ranked team 10-0 before losing 38-0. I was able to find that Bishop Sycamore had no returning D1 recruits and had already played a road game Friday night in Pittsburgh without much effort. ESPN's announcers were unaware that the Centurions were playing their second game in less than three days. There is no team in the country that would have stayed close to IMG with one day to rest and prepare for the game.

Johnson Central has played Bishop Sycamore before and I am sure that their staff understands the nature of the team that they will be playing. They have some good, gutsy athletes but there was no excuse for them scheduling a team like IMG with no time to prepare. Actually, there would be no excuse for them, or any team in Kentucky to schedule IMG at all. IMG has 20 players listed in ESPN's top 300, including some of the top recruits in the nation and they had some impressive players coming off the bench. I hope that Bishop Sycamore recovers well enough to give Johnson Central a competitive game this week.
I get that JC wants to play football next Friday, but shouldn’t folks at JCHS be concerned about who they’re playing? Will BS even provide you guys with a roster? They’ve played 3 games in two weeks. They apparently didn’t even warm up or practice plays before they played Hoban (OH). Brought more players out that weren’t on one team bus during parts of the game. 

They’ve claimed to have a varsity and post grad teams with 100+ players that included 26 D1 guys. Yet only 25ish players showed up in the first game and the team was also given the jerseys in the parking lot right before the game. The roster given to Hoban had names but no numbers and the roster wasn’t even accurate. What’s even worse is apparently there’s a former JUCO player on the team that had some power 5 D1 offers, but couldn’t cut it at the JUCO level and now plays for Bishop Sycamore. 

JC may win by as much as they want, but know that you all have no idea who you’re playing unless they give a accurate roster to y’all with matching names, numbers, and grade.

My best guess is that some investigating is going to happen this week finding out some interesting information about BS thanks to that crap show ESPN agreed to air earlier today.
I'm not associated with JC, so the responsibility to find out who they are playing is not mine. I would not be so quick to believe that everything you read on a high school football forum is true. If you review my posts, then you will see that I raised the question of whether BS might have failed to disclose to ESPN that they had played on Friday night. Bull Got Out noticed the omission too. That Friday night game was listed on the CalPreps website and no returning D1 players were listed for BS either. I am surprised that nobody from ESPN verified the information that Bishop Sycamore provided to them.

As for the eligibility of the BS players, I don't think that is something that JC has a responsibility to investigate. Unless there is a rule against JC playing an out-of-state private school, I don't understand why you are so concerned. BS played JC when JC was having trouble scheduling in-state teams willing to play home and away series. Coach Matney may feel an obligation to return the favor, but as I said - I am not affiliated with the JC program. I trust Jim Matney to do what is right for the program and will not be second-guessing his scheduling decisions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Messages In This Thread
RE: Bishop Sycamore (OH)@ Johnson Central 9/03 - by Hoot Gibson - 08-30-2021, 02:27 AM