Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Sycamore (OH)@ Johnson Central (Canceled)
(08-30-2021, 07:38 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I’m not necessarily concerned for JC. I went down the rabbit hole of information or lack thereof Bishop Sycamore just like thousands across the country did yesterday. 

The main problem I have with BS and their handlers is that they have lied and been sketchy about what it looks like to be everything. They as far as to put the health and safety of their team on the line by scheduling two games within 48 hours of each other, but claim they have a national post grad team and a varsity team. Yet it’s already been confirmed they used many of the same players in both games.

Yes ESPN dropped the ball big time by not doing their own research, but they’ve called out the scam that is Bishop Sycamore during the broadcast of the IMG game and Tom Luganbill & Anish Shroff also called them out publicly on Twitter.

They're sketchy, but like I posted earlier, they’ll likely be investigated further because it’s gained national attention now and the facts will come out.
ESPN seemed more concerned that they had a blowout on their hands than anything else. I am sure that they will show plenty of concern for the players after the fact. I am not a fan of ESPN and normally do not watch it. I subscribed to a two-day free trial of YouTube TV to watch the game yesterday, then immediately canceled my subscription after the game. Nobody exploits amateur athletes any more than ESPN.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Bishop Sycamore but they apparently lied to take advantage of an opportunity dangled by ESPN and they placed a payday over the welfare of their players. The world would be a better place without ESPN and Bishop Sycamore, IMO. I miss the days when being a high school athlete meant playing for your local high school and most athletes played multiple sports.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Granny Bear
Messages In This Thread
RE: Bishop Sycamore (OH)@ Johnson Central 9/03 - by Hoot Gibson - 08-30-2021, 09:04 AM