Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘I’m Done’: Trump Threatened to Destroy GOP in Temper Tantrum Over Election Loss
(11-08-2021, 09:19 PM)The Outsider Wrote: https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...own-party/

Trump viewed the destruction of the GOP as payback to party leaders who betrayed him, a source told Karl, but top Republicans made clear they would stop paying his legal bills from post-election challenges and render his email list worthless

This sheds some light on why Trump didn't follow through on his threat to start his own and also why the GOP continues to bow down to him.
You seem to believe anything negative that anybody claims Trump said or did. The GOP establishment did Trump no favors but I am very skeptical that Trump actually seriously considered trying to destroy the Republican Party. Sometimes you need to consider the source of your information and try to objectively determine what motives those who attack Trump might have.

I really wish that Trump would announce that he is not running for president in 2024. Three years is a long time in politics and my fear is that Trump fatigue will set in after he has narrowed the field simply by announcing that he intends to run. If that happens, then the Republican field will be much weaker and the ultimate nominee will not be as strong as he or she should be.

Trump made a lot of people who are part of the Republican establishment look very foolish during his campaign and during his term in office. Don't let their hatred of Donald Trump make you too eager to believe juicy gossip about him that is slanted and exaggerated in order to sell books.
Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘I’m Done’: Trump Threatened to Destroy GOP in Temper Tantrum Over Election Loss - by Hoot Gibson - 11-08-2021, 10:19 PM