Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Mitchell has been named head football coach at South Laurel High School
(06-26-2022, 03:04 PM)DarthVader Wrote: He has a very, very, very tough road ahead of him and that might be an understatement with what they have in South London right now. What makes this hire a good one? What is considered success for the Cardinals at this point?

I’m not sure how you can consider this a good hire, I know Coach Mitchell and he’s a fine person but I’m not sure what kind of HC he’ll be and there is a serious talent disparity with almost every school on their schedule especially district… There couldn’t have been a worse time for Coach Irwin to step aside imo but until the powers that be start taking football serious in South London success would prolly be holding on to key players and fielding a roster of at least 40 to 50 players.  The fact that last time I’d heard there was no little league football program for the kids to get started in Laurel Co only perpetuates the problem, even if you started one now it could take a decade or longer to even start seeing a little success like making it to the playoffs…
Messages In This Thread
RE: Allen Mitchell has been named head football coach at South Laurel High School - by TD Hounds - 06-26-2022, 04:32 PM