Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
Not yet a day old and this thread is approaching 2,000 views. Probably be 10,000 views by Friday. It's gonna get even more entertaining.

(11-13-2022, 03:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 03:23 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:30 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: This is the same Corbin defense that gave up 7 yards/carry to Simon Kenton, which had one running back who carried the ball 33 times. Johnson Central's running game will not be as easy to contain as SK was. Did big Frank and Eli Bolton play against Simon Kenton?

Neither team can afford many turnovers and expect to win but all of the bragging and efforts to make Corbin into a huge favorite are not going to have any impact on the game. There are enough Corbin players who have already played Johnson Central twice, who know they are in for a battle. Anything is possible, but a huge blowout win by either team is unlikely, IMO.
Nope neither one played both sides of the ball. Bragging. ? Hell who doesn’t brag on their team? I don’t give a dogs turd what type of huge advantage you think pumping our team up will help. I’ll brag and make it seem like we can run through a brick wall all I want. I don’t need some turd like you giving me advice on what a true fan can say or do for our team. Never said a blow out either. But I assure you these aren’t the same kids , so for you to think you’re gonna run all over us is dumb on your part. Oh and you’re no Simon Kenton either. Who have you played to that caliber this year ? Waiting…..

(11-13-2022, 02:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: How would Hound5 and you have done against last season's Hounds? Would you have rushed for 454 yards against them? 

JC returned 4 of its top 5 rushers from last year's team and their 2nd leading rusher from the 2020 team. McCoart, Price, Lawson, and Conley have all made significant contributions to Johnson Central's past wins against Corbin and all of them have more playoff experience against stronger teams than Corbin's current players have. Maybe Corbin's coaches will finally figure out how to slow down Johnson Central's running attack but it hasn't happened yet.  :D
Man The more you keep talking and poking fun the more I’m gonna troll you until the end of time. Nah I really just genuinely don’t like you. Lol. Hell I don’t even know you and don’t like you.
The feeling is mutual, Sarge. I am sure that somebody likes you, but I have never cared much for blowhards.
Nope I don’t have many friends. It helps at Xmas time. Not much of a blowhard either. Scars on my knuckles and face kinda trumps that. But, you seem as much as a blow hard than I’ve ever read about. You talk a big game , but I’d wouldn’t label you a blow hard. More like a internet gangster. All talk behind a keyboard kinda guy. But i do appreciate the compliment though. Almost and I mean almost brought a tear to my left glass eye.
All I have done is typed facts and pointed out the obviously weak defense that Corbin played against Simon Kenton. You are obviously somebody who cannot handle the truth. What I am picking up is a vibe of a sensitive guy who can dish out insults but can't take it when people stand up for themselves. Maybe Corbin has turned things around since the Simon Kenton game or maybe the weaker schedule has made the defense look much improved. We will find out soon.

Corbin's D did struggle in the SK game, especially in the first half. But they did hold Kenton to 7 points in the second half .  I think Trinity is the only other team to do that.   Seven points allowed in 26 quarters of play is pretty good , especially considering that Corbin's second and third team defense probably played about 50% of those 26 quarters.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round - by Old School Hound - 11-13-2022, 03:43 PM