Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
(11-30-2022, 04:49 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 02:13 PM)Ky1976 Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 11:07 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 07:44 PM)Ky1976 Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 06:23 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: The audio alone should have got Mays fired.  Now we will have to see what’s levied by the Khsaa. No one at the board meeting last night would really answer any questions from the parents. I do agree. Fine/ restitution/ additional training/ probation for 3 years of reporting who comes into the school like BG received.  Initially BG got stripped of all wins that year and district, state and regional titles. The coach quit on his own prior to khsaa sanction. The big difference in comparison between the two instances. BG had 1 violation. Improper benefits.  From what I am understanding from the letter. Mays has multiple infractions. We will see soon I’m sure
Mr Howard answered the questions and said building principal Jamie Cambell made the decision not the KHSAA.
Only the superintendent can make a firing decision, not the principal. I’m sure they discussed it but the final thumbs up has to be from the superintendent.
Not at Ashland, A question was asked why a politician from Elliott County would get involved with this.  Mr Howard didn’t say a word and the speaker re worded it and ask if Mr Howard had made the decision to fire Coach.  Mr Howard immediately said that the building principal Mr Campbell made the decision to fire the coach.  According to Mr Howard the khsaa and himself didn’t have anything to do with the firing of Coach.
Incorrect. Only the superintendent can fire any position. Technically coaching positions are extra service and the superintendent hires them and fires them. The buck stops with the superintendent.

(11-29-2022, 07:44 PM)Ky1976 Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 06:23 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 10:01 AM)KYHSFB Wrote: So they’re saying the KHSAA didn’t accept their original punishment and they fired Mays in response to that.. and people still want more?

Here’s what I think would be fitting:
-Big Fine
-Probation and the same stuff the KHSAA did to Bowling Green with the trainings and stuff.
The audio alone should have got Mays fired.  Now we will have to see what’s levied by the Khsaa. No one at the board meeting last night would really answer any questions from the parents. I do agree. Fine/ restitution/ additional training/ probation for 3 years of reporting who comes into the school like BG received.  Initially BG got stripped of all wins that year and district, state and regional titles. The coach quit on his own prior to khsaa sanction. The big difference in comparison between the two instances. BG had 1 violation. Improper benefits.  From what I am understanding from the letter. Mays has multiple infractions. We will see soon I’m sure
Mr Howard answered the questions and said building principal Jamie Cambell made the decision not the KHSAA.
Only the superintendent can make a firing decision, not the principal. I’m sure they discussed it but the final thumbs up has to be from the superintendent.
Haha LOOK you are consistent for sure. I don’t think you been right once in this thread. The principal makes the decision. However, Mays really made it for them doing all the crap he has done that is now coming out. Mays got himself relieved of duty for breaking multiple bylaws in addition to KRS. You seem cut from the same cloth as the woman who says who care he cheated. We got to win to bring in revenue. SMH.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA - by 16thregionballer - 11-30-2022, 05:17 PM