Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Madison Central 74 North Laurel 58
A bit surprised by the margin but not surprised by the result.

Feldhaus is a great coach. I'd imagine that his record in games where his team takes 25+ threes and still shoots over 45% on those is pretty outstanding.

Madison Central only had five players score-- tells me that they might not be very deep, but I don't know that this is something North Laurel was necessarily able to exploit. Their record may not be sterling, but there are plenty of respectable losses. They're usually capable of winning a game or two in the regional tournament even in their down years, and I don't think that this season will be any different.

As for North Laurel, the box score shows that Sheppard had twelve points and no free throw attempts. Chadwell had two rebounds and Davidson six. Wondering if some of these below average numbers were the result of a great game plan, an off night, foul trouble, or some combination of those.

Regardless of how it played out, I don't think this result does anything to change the Jaguars' status as the heavy favorite in the 13th. In hindsight, their schedule might have been too ambitious, especially given injuries, and it has probably damaged their psyche as well as how they are viewed compared to the state's top 25 teams, but I don't see anything that makes me think that a postseason loss anywhere but Rupp would be considered anything other than a huge upset.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Madison Central 74 North Laurel 58 - by Cactus Jack - 02-06-2023, 07:53 PM