Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 14th Region Rankings and Predictions
(01-06-2024, 11:18 AM)EstillAlum Wrote:
(01-05-2024, 07:55 PM)14th Official Wrote:
(01-05-2024, 02:47 PM)Bulldog717 Wrote: 1. Breathitt- Having the almost definite POY this year is a huge return, also returning Tincher and Howard I think they’re one of the favorites this year.

2. Wolfe-Wolfe returning all 9 starters is a something that will play a huge role in their winning this season. Young team with a lot of talent and very good coaching, I think Wolfe and Breathitt could either one be the top seed going into the season.

3. Letcher- Losing Little and Huff definitely hurt them but returning Williams will help. They have arguably the best coach in the region and will find a way to compete with anyone.

4. Knott- Getting Huff back on transfer along with the rest of their young talent will be a big aspect in their success. Like Wolfe this team is very young and very talented but I think they need another year or two under their belts at the varsity level

5. Powell- Powell probably has the most arms in the region but don’t have a great offense. Powell biggest problem is they don’t show up every game to play, when Powell is playing up to their ability they’re a very solid ball club but still don’t think they have it in them to win the region.

After that the teams fall off drastically, Hazard and Perry will win some games but don’t think they are a huge threat in the tournament play unless Varneh develops a lot of players.

im anxious to see Knott county. If they can develop a couple of arms they could have a really good year. 

im just as anxious to see the Howard kid. I wasn’t sure his name until I saw your post but he’s not been 100% for a couple years. He could be a game changer. 

wolfe is an outlier this year because they are going to have to rely on guys this year they didn’t have to in the past. Whisman struggled in the district last year but he could be a beast. I’m not sure if he threw in the region or not? I saw a kid that threw after Whisman in the district. He struggled to throw strikes but his stuff was good enough to develop. Throwing strikes is 98% of it. 

Should be a fun year

We will be fine at Estill. Coach Crowe will field a team that will compete for the district/region every year. We return several guys that can play. Will we be down this year? Maybe compared to years past. But, we will play a tough schedule that will have us ready for post season play.

That seems to be true every year I’ve seen them.
Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 14th Region Rankings and Predictions - by 14th Official - 01-07-2024, 02:51 PM