Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 14th Region Rankings and Predictions
(03-05-2024, 09:44 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 09:14 PM)14th Official Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 02:54 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 02:30 PM)Bulldog19 Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 12:09 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Estill scrimmaged Bath last night. Not sure the score or how they done
Bath 4 -0 

I think KCC scrimmages tonight against Prestonsburg and Powell may scrimmage Rowan. Outside of those I haven’t heard.

There is one thing I absolutely do not get. Why do teams scrimmage teams that they are already playing in the regular season? That doesn’t make sense to me. 

only thing I can figure out is if they do a home and home with one of them having to be a scrimmage. Other than that I think it’s just dumb to scrimmage someone your already playing in regular season.
It depends on what you’re wanting to get out of the scrimmage? If you treat it like a regular game then yeah it probably would be pointless. Baseball scrimmages are a lot different than other sports. Nobody is going to throw anyone more than an inning this early in the year. I hope not anyway. If you treat it like it is a more in depth practice then it doesn’t matter who you play.

all sports in general. Not just baseball. Seems pointless to me to show a team what you have when your playing them in a regular season game
They already know what you have and there aren’t any plays or anything you’re going to show anyone in a scrimmage. You’re obviously not throwing anyone more than an inning or 2 this early. I agree with you on the other sports because you have an offensive scheme and a defensive scheme with plays involved. So yeah that would be stupid to me. I just don’t think it matters in baseball. The majority of schools don’t even scrimmage.
Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 14th Region Rankings and Predictions - by 14th Official - 03-07-2024, 10:01 AM