Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel over Bell 66-37
(02-17-2024, 02:14 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Layups were impossible when mabe was in the game, and i think that will be for every team they face in the region. Then rawlings and steele hitting 7 threes when they avg 3 a game. And finally every player for bell over 6’2 having 2 or even 3 fouls 10 minutes into the game. Not a great recipe for a bell win. Sizemore sat on the bench the last bit of the second quarter and stood up twice in the second half, so he obviously decide it was over when south got only 15 point lead. Bell is still a top 4 team in the region, but watching mabe contest every shot that went up and move guys anywhere he wanted just with his butt makes me think they are region runner up and will take HC down to the buzzer. The district losses look bad without him on the floor, but when he’s there, the resume speaks for itself. GRC, CAL, North, Marshall, and now Bell.
Saw Mr. Mabe play this past weekend in Ohio. He is deceptive I'll say that, handles the ball well for his size and has super long arms. Honestly in the 2 games I watched he must have had 14 blocks and a couple of Dunks. Also saw Huff from HC play--kid has range. Huff will average more points but Mabe completely dominates a game from all angles. The 13th should be a lot closer contested next year but whichever team HC or SL wins the region(they have to be the 2 favs) that kid should be the region rep for Mr. Basketball.
Messages In This Thread
South Laurel over Bell 66-37 - by Spoozer12 - 02-17-2024, 12:17 AM
RE: South Laurel over Bell 66-37 - by Granny Bear - 02-17-2024, 09:00 AM
RE: South Laurel over Bell 66-37 - by shottaker23 - 04-18-2024, 06:47 PM
RE: South Laurel over Bell 66-37 - by Chapin - 02-19-2024, 01:37 PM