Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are you a Republican or a Democrat?
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:You never provided anything to prove youre opinion, so how can you bash me? I was just providing another look at this issue.

Also, I never stated that they weren't in the "opinion" section, but they do provide stats to show that affirmative action isn't as bad as "white males" make it seem. Im sure that in some instances it has been used unfairly, but what hasnt? I believe that overall it's not hurt the white man as much as you would like to think, if you're qualified to get into school, you will get accepted. Im a poor, white mountain boy, and I had no trouble getting into school, I was accepted to every college I applied to.

Here is a poll that shows that the majority of people who oppose it are white males, which make up 90% of the republican party, so I can see why they're upset, in their mind everything must help the white man. This is also why I think affirmative action is such a partisan issue, when it shouldn't be.

http://people-press.org/reports/display....portID=184

P.S.

I never should have started this debate anyway, after reading launchpads original post I saw that he didn't want any arguing. But I couldn't stand by and read as people agreed with a stance that is very flawed.

So what is your view, not arguing just your view of aid such as welfare and other programs like that. I too grew up in the mountains and I came away with a very negative view to hand-outs like these as many people aspire only to get a check or food-stamps. It is said and I believe that in SOME cases welfare should be better regulated for the needy not the lazy.
Messages In This Thread
Why are you a Republican or a Democrat? - by Beef - 05-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Why are you a Republican or a Democrat? - by launchpad4 - 05-22-2008, 03:00 PM