Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are you a Republican or a Democrat?
There are good and bad things about both parties. I think the Democrats have a little better stance on the economy because they look out for the "little man". Republicans, for the most part, are conservative and don't give out as many handouts. They are for lower taxes and higher trade. That's not wrong either and can produce an even better economy, but it doesn't help the poor as much. However, we are living in a country where the majority of the poor live in their own house, own at least 1 car and a television. Also, a great majority of the poor are overweight, so they eat pretty dang good. I realize a large number of people live on the streets in major cities, but they are only a small percentage of the poor in America, and I am all for helping them out. I have, in my spare time, when provided the opportunity, gone to Louisville and given extra food and clothing to the homeless. However, I have also seen the poor of this world in foreign countries - those who have nothing, the starving, and those who have flies all around them. That's a totally different situation than we see in America.

I am a registered Republican however, because I am against abortion and stem cell research - or anything that destroys human life. Also, much like launchpad, I am pro gun and death penalty. And while I enjoy having some extra cash in my pocket, I'd rather do what's right than have it there.
Messages In This Thread
Why are you a Republican or a Democrat? - by Beef - 05-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Why are you a Republican or a Democrat? - by BaseballMan - 05-23-2008, 12:42 PM