Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are you a Republican or a Democrat?
BaseballMan Wrote:I have no problem with people who are gay. I do have a problem with the institution of marriage being distorted to other than what God intended for it to be. While I will still respect and treat with love the homosexual, I will still inform them of their wrongdoing. I will still explain how their sin is an abomination to God, just as the sins I have committed in my life are. I am no better than any sinner, while I am one as well, but I do believe in giving the truth to people - whether they like it or not. Jesus commanded us to repent from our sins, and we would be saved. While it is difficult to live a life of faith as a follower of Christ, it is what He calls christians to do. That is why I am against the institution of gay marriage as well as other issues. I have no problem with people for we are all sinners, but the least I can do is stand up for the truth of God.

But is it the government's job to determine who gets these rights? If this is a religious matter as you are making it out to be then the government shouldn't be involved anyways.

Don't give me the sanctity of marriage comment either. 50% of marriages end in divorce, so there is no sanctity of marriage anymore.

Why are we denying homosexuals the same rights that straight people can have? Call it marriage, call it a civil union, or whatever you want, but they deserve the same rights.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Why are you a Republican or a Democrat? - by Beef - 05-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Why are you a Republican or a Democrat? - by ComfortEagle - 05-23-2008, 03:42 PM