Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henderson Named UK's New Baseball Coach
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I know that Coach Cohen has done a remarkable job turning the Kentucky program around, but Coach Henderson is the primary person responsible in getting the recruits to UK. I had a pretty good relationship with Coach Henderson on the pitcher side of things, as he initaly came to UK as the pitching coach. I have no doubt that he will be able still bring in the pitching recruits , but the thing that UK will have to still have to be able to maintain, recruit, and develope those high powered offensive players. Cohen does a fantastic job in the hitting department. Be interesting to see who Henderson can get to coach that aspect of the game as his assistant.

I had a chance to speak to Coach Henderson this past winter, and he is really a remarkable guy. He is not flashy, and really kind of boring to talk to, but he is a baseball genius, and he will bring in players that will help UK. I think this program took a step up with this hire, and I know all the players think this as well. It is always a smooth transition whenever you have someone already on staff that the players respect to take over. I think that is the reason why Polk was so upset.
Messages In This Thread
Henderson Named UK's New Baseball Coach - by MVP2 - 06-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Henderson Named UK's New Baseball Coach - by JackRabbitSlim - 06-07-2008, 10:53 PM