Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are you a Republican or a Democrat?
RammsteinFan92 Wrote:ok....so with the presidental elections....did you pray to god and ask him what canidate to vote/support for?

I'm afraid God might tell me to vote for neither of the candidates, that they're not worthy. Wink

Seriously though, no, I do not pray to God to give me a sign from the sky for what candidate to vote for nor any other decision in my life. I pray to God asking for wisdom and discernment, for patience and kindness, that will help me in making my own decisions. You see, God gave us a brain and He wants us to use it. He also wants to be a part of our lives to help guide us, but not make decisions for us in these fickle matters. He gives us tests and trials in our lives and hopes that we'll turn to Him to ask for guidance in making the right choice. I do not believe God will write in the sky: Vote for Barack Obama or John McCain. That's not the way He works - not saying He couldn't, but God typically wants us to make hard decisions for ourselves and lean on Him for the understanding and wisdom to do so.
Messages In This Thread
Why are you a Republican or a Democrat? - by Beef - 05-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Why are you a Republican or a Democrat? - by BaseballMan - 06-16-2008, 02:20 PM